Nintendo of America PR staffer soon to be fired for pedophile remarks?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Oh christ:

https://medium.com/@jkellytwit/nint...-vocal-for-pedophiles-656f9965c6e9#.y96k79u8m

https://twitter.com/JamieWalton/status/704762452563496960

Yeah. I'm gonna be honest here. If you're working for a company like Nintendo, with a large percentage of kids as customers and are going around asking for the age of consent to be lowered to 13 on Twitter, then you're probably not going to remain employed much longer.

So yeah, this is apparently something. It reached the tabloids at least:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/nintendo-urged-fire-woman-centre-7464276

It's also (based on said employees other remarks in regards to censorship, social justice and GamerGate) a sign that something is really messed up at Nintendo at the moment.

Thoughts?

Man, that Mirror article. Boy Howdy.

Those tweets are weird, and it's such an odd position to have. I'm surprised she's still there, honestly. You would think any company would jump to distance themselves from something like that.

Yeah, I'm surprised she's not been fired yet. Nintendo has a certain image they like to uphold, and this is a great way to destroy it.

She was let go by Nintendo.

This led to a huge amount more controversy, which has seen quieted down.

Nintendo has a lot of SJW types that need to be weeded out

Treehouse´s Nich Maragos tells people not to buy any “Senran Kagura” titles?

^^^^if this isn't conflict of interest...........

Wait, what?

You've literally got a Nintendo employee telling customers not to buy a certain third party game on their platform because he personally finds it offensive? Wow, I'm not sure how anyone could think that was a good idea. Yeah, it's definitely pathetic on his part.

Wait, what?

You've literally got a Nintendo employee telling customers not to buy a certain third party game on their platform because he personally finds it offensive? Wow, I'm not sure how anyone could think that was a good idea. Yeah, it's definitely pathetic on his part.

if memory serves, this is on the heels of Rapp getting canned(and deservedly so). IMO, the "moonlighting" thing was a perfect cop out for Ninty not to say conflict of interest

I remember hearing about Rapp getting fired, good call on Nintendo's part. If I recall correctly she was fired because she held a second job that was related to selling nude photos and she bragged about it on her twitter account that was linked to her work. With Nintendo being a family friendly company that really didn't go over well.

And, of course, when she was let go she tried every trick in the book to get symathy... say gamergate did it, try to use the anxiety and mental disorder, claim love of games and being pushed out by men, etc... (Which, again if I recall right, she was reported by a woman in the first place.)

And on the upside it removes one more stupid SJW from a position of influence. 2017 will be the year social justice starts to collapse.

You can be fired for posting a personal opinion on Twitter? That's absolutely ridiculous. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I remember hearing about Rapp getting fired, good call on Nintendo's part. If I recall correctly she was fired because she held a second job that was related to selling nude photos and she bragged about it on her twitter account that was linked to her work. With Nintendo being a family friendly company that really didn't go over well.

And, of course, when she was let go she tried every trick in the book to get symathy... say gamergate did it, try to use the anxiety and mental disorder, claim love of games and being pushed out by men, etc... (Which, again if I recall right, she was reported by a woman in the first place.)

And on the upside it removes one more stupid SJW from a position of influence. 2017 will be the year social justice starts to collapse.

"Gamergate"??? LOL, that was so fraudulent. Zoe Quinn is such a fraud

You can be fired for posting a personal opinion on Twitter? That's absolutely ridiculous. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Many places (Specially places located in Japan) require you to keep healthy public image outside of work. Sad to say, social sites have cost a lot of people their jobs.

There have been people who got fired from a non-family friendly opinion posted online. But, most people who lost their jobs because of un-family friendly posts seem to be working at lower ranked positions where they don't hold much power at the company.

But, some people like Donald Trump, and most online content creators like PewDiePie who is a YouTube creator, and singers like PSY - Gangnum Style got jobs or more famous from using social networks to get millions of followers. Social networks can help you get hired, or become self-employed as well.

Personally, I wouldn't want to work for a company that fires people for simply having an unpopular opinion. Legalizing gay marriage was an unpopular opinion 20 years ago. Times change and society has to adapt.

Personally, I wouldn't want to work for a company that fires people for simply having an unpopular opinion. Legalizing gay marriage was an unpopular opinion 20 years ago. Times change and society has to adapt.

What Demon said before is right. Nintendo is a Japan based company and wants a public image, and Rapp's comments are no doubt damaging to that

Asking for the age of consent to be lowered to 13 is a bit creepy to me. I know that 100 years ago, it was considered acceptable to marry at that age, however, in this day and time, quite a few people consider it creepy to let someone marry at that age. Especially here in the U.S. Besides, I don't know anyone that is mature enough to handle being married at 13.

Asking for the age of consent to be lowered to 13 is a bit creepy to me. I know that 100 years ago, it was considered acceptable to marry at that age, however, in this day and time, quite a few people consider it creepy to let someone marry at that age. Especially here in the U.S. Besides, I don't know anyone that is mature enough to handle being married at 13.

I think the consent age should be higher

depends on the person really, I know some people at the age of 21 who are not mature enough.

Back