Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read from dualshockers on the CEO, Yasha Haddaji, going mad at his employees live on a live stream:

During a livestream on Russian social media website VK, Nintendo of Russia held a regular event called “Level Up Days,” with the recent stream in question hosting a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament. After technical difficulties, Nintendo of Russia boss Yasha Haddaji is seen in the background, expressing anger towards the co-hosts about the apparent lack of promotion for the event. This is followed by confusion about whether or not the stream was live (it was). Haddaji uses expletives and a particular mental illness slur throughout the exchange.

As of the time of this writing, a Change.org petition calling for Haddaji’s removal is nearing 1,700 online signatures.

It is unfortunate that the CEO of Nintendo of Russia used a mental illness slur.

Wonder how did he get the job in the first place.

Read an Interview of a former Nintendo of Russia's Employee:

Stress, Abuse, Harassment: Nintendo Russia’s Ex-employees Speak up about Their Time at the Company

We also contacted Miroslava Basnak, the company’s former social media manager. She told us about her own experiences working for Nintendo Russia and Yasha Haddaji’s conduct toward her coworkers.

Kanobu: “Please tell us about Yasha Haddaji’s behavior toward yourself, and its consequences”.

Miroslava: “During my initial interview, Yasha was gruff but tried to pass himself off as a more or less impartial boss. But I can say that, while perusing my CV, he told me I had worked for crappy companies. He meant RIA Novosti (Russia’s state-run news agency,—translator note) and Eksmo (one of Russia's largest publishing houses,—translator note).

“He used to constantly bring me into his office for face-to-face meetings. Probably so the others couldn’t hear his language. He uses highly abusive words in a mix of Russian and English. Sometimes there’s French. He also pried into my personal circumstances, asked who I was cohabiting with and how did I make my living while searching for a job.

“He checked my social media and found some pages that I didn’t even use at the time (fake or empty profiles). He also made me take down my photos with “provocative undertones.” He then showed me what pictures I should delete.

“He constantly talks to you like you’re an idiot, asking if you’re getting what he’s telling you. He also made fun of my British English accent. Some say that our wages are above-the-market, but I don’t think so. It’s the regular salary. But people who actually love the games do get less money. They don’t like fans in Nintendo Russia. When you tell anybody you’re a gamer, they look at you strangely”.

This information is corroborated by one of our anonymous sources.

Miroslava:
“They pay you less money if you actually love Nintendo.

"Perhaps they think that if you love Nintendo so much it’s some sort of an honor to work for them so you don’t need to actually get paid. The people who come to the company from other businesses and don’t know the first thing about Nintendo and its products get bigger salaries. By the way, everybody who thinks that Nintendo Russia is making huge money for Nintendo of Europe are gravely mistaken”.

Kanobu: “But how effective is Yasha’s leadership? Do his ends justify his means?”

Miroslava: “The leadership is highly ineffective. He bottlenecked all processes through himself, he micromanages everything. He doesn’t let anybody do anything. He wouldn’t even let me publish social media posts from Nintendo of Europe until after he’d gone over them personally. He thought they also were idiots.

Kanobu: “And another thing. Were there any cases of sexual harassment?”

Miroslava: “Not with me, I didn’t work there all that long. But he did approach me very closely during our conversations, touched my shoulders and arms, it’s strange, but not a, strictly speaking, harassment. But other girls did complain about that.”

Kanobu: “Was Yasha the sole problem of Nintendo Russia? What was the morale in the company like?”

Miroslava: “Yasha was the source. He hired people like himself. For example, the marketing director, Ksenia Chromova. She’s also a peculiar personality. Throughout all my time in the company, I never did understand what she was doing here. I only remember her saying: “I don’t have time for the small tasks.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also Just read on Nintendo's response on the matter:

Nintendo Europe Now Investigating Nintendo Russia CEO's Misconduct | NintendoSoup

We are aware of a video uploaded to YouTube recently in which Nintendo Russia’s General Manager, Yasha Haddaji, is seen losing his temper during an altercation with an external vendor in charge of a Mario Kart livestream. Mr Haddaji’s conduct and choice of words are most certainly not in line with our company values.

We are also aware of further allegations that have appeared in the wake of this video and are now running a thorough investigation. We take these matters extremely seriously and will not comment further while we are running our investigation.

Read an update from gamesindustry biz:

Nintendo has confirmed it no longer employs Yasha Haddaji, the controversial (now former) general manager of the platform holder's Russian business.

A Nintendo of Europe spokesperson told Eurogamer Haddaji's contract ended earlier this week, on Wednesday, May 31.

Read an update from gamesindustry biz:

Nintendo has confirmed it no longer employs Yasha Haddaji, the controversial (now former) general manager of the platform holder's Russian business.

A Nintendo of Europe spokesperson told Eurogamer Haddaji's contract ended earlier this week, on Wednesday, May 31.

What happened there?

Back