Nintendo Nintendo Switch 2 Will Reportedly Have 8-Inch Screen

DaBoss38

Staff member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
From PC Mag:

The next Nintendo Switch might have a slightly larger screen.

Nintendo will reportedly launch a new version of the Switch later this year with an 8-inch display, a 1-inch increase from the console’s current 7-inch display, says analyst Hiroshi Hayase.

Reported by Bloomberg, the new version of the device is expected to potentially double shipments of the Switch in 2024.

Nintendo’s current Switch is seven years old. Nintendo has sold 132 million units of the device, but it’s nearing the end of its life cycle, making it likely a successor is in the works.

Bloomberg notes that last year Sharp said it was supplying LCD panels for an upcoming console that was currently in the R&D stage. The company previously worked with Nintendo assembling the Switch during the pandemic, so it wouldn’t be surprising if Nintendo tapped Sharp for the display for the new console.

Nintendo released an OLED version of the Switch in 2021.

In September, Nintendo was reportedly showing off a prototype of the Switch 2 to developers running a modified version of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to demonstrate what the new console can do.

This puts things into perspective. Now is this diagonal or width? Knowing would give us an insight closer to maybe reverse compatibility potential with scaling or a resized window if needed. Yeah. We know nothing if the PPI is different.

I'm not as interested in a larger 8 inch screen on the Switch 2. I rather have more storage space to store more games, and faster handheld console parts like a faster CPU, more powerful video chip and more RAM.

But, it is nice to have a bigger screen especially for people who have poor eyesight, or hold their Switch farther away from their face.

Hopefully, the Switch 2 will still be affordable, and won't cost a lot more because it has a bigger screen and other improvements.

Last edited:
I'm not very interested in a larger screen on the Switch 2. I rather have more storage space, and faster console parts like a faster CPU, and more RAM.
and stronger GPU!

I'm personally invested in a Switch 2 because Ive had so much fun with the current one (and because I own every Nintendo console, even the Wii U), so I've been glued to the gaming sites waiting for a Nintendo Direct to drop with news of it.

I'm not as interested in a larger 8 inch screen on the Switch 2. I rather have more storage space to store more games, and faster handheld console parts like a faster CPU, more powerful video chip and more RAM.

But, it is nice to have a bigger screen especially for people who have poor eyesight, or hold their Switch farther away from their face.

Hopefully, the Switch 2 will still be affordable, and won't cost a lot more because it has a bigger screen and other improvements.

I agree a bigger screen is nice, but I think the Switch 2 needs more internal storage for game storage, a faster CPU, GPU, more RAM, and a better video chip for better performance.

Back