Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
In an effort to increase shipping of consoles Nintendo is taking steps to streamline its process. Nikkei reports that the company will be shrinking the size of Switch boxes by 20%. This move is meant to improve efficiency by creating more available space when shipping consoles. The result is that Nintendo should be able to ship more consoles at once, while retailers should subsequently be able to fit more Switches on store shelves thanks to the smaller boxes.

In the past, the company did something similar with the 3DS by releasing later models without AC adapters so they could fit into smaller boxes. And the company has already been reducing packaging size for the Switch line with the Nintendo Switch OLED model released last year.

Hopefully, this would mean more people will be able to buy a Switch soon.

I wonder if the Nintendo Switch will also cost less money because the box is smaller, and less ink is required to print the graphics on the box.

Good for them. Hopefully, it reduces waste or just takes up less space for new users that want to keep the box. Funny the smallest 3DS box has to be the New 3DS XL/LL variant because at least one of the two doesn't come with a charger or even a charging cradle.

I agree with their decision but it's going to be annoying seeing different size Switch boxes on my shelves!

Hopefully, the smaller size boxes have a cool design which attract people toward the Switch.

Back