Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
And hacked in a good way.

According to recent reports by hackers, the emulators that the Switch and its online site work in a very similar way, which makes it possible for people to add their own NES games to the Switch Online’s library.

In a series of tweets today, KapuccinoHeck shared their findings, claiming the Switch Online app that houses these NES games treats them like plain .nes files, with a database file that lists in plaintext all of the compatible NES games, and which can be manipulated to add others. In other words, there wasn’t a whole lot standing in the way of people hacking the emulator app and adding their own new NES games to it. “Here have the NES Classic emulator and a few ROMs lol go wild,” is how KapuccinoHeck described it in one tweet.

For any of this to work though, your Switch must already be hacked to do so.

Because Japanese isn't meant to be written with white spaces at all, it's only for internet use slang (or text written in only 1 writing system). (´・ω・`)

Because Japanese isn't meant to be written with white spaces at all, it's only for internet use slang (or text written in only 1 writing system). (´・ω・`)

Btw do programmers/coders in Japan, code in japanese not in english?

Because I saw a video on youtube that an old japanese women is coding in japanese characters. I think she is using CSS/HTML in japanese.

Btw do programmers/coders in Japan, code in japanese not in english?

Because I saw a video on youtube that an old japanese women is coding in japanese characters. I think she is using CSS/HTML in japanese.
Syntax is in English, there's no way to change that.
Variable and function names are sometimes in Japanese (but in roman character), and sometimes in English, sometimes a mix of both.
Comments are normally written in Japanese.

But unless one will defining a string like "string misete = '美味しい';", there's no way to code in Japanese character.

I heard Nintendo didn't even put much effort into making it secure, so it would have been easy to hack. They just took work from an old project that was hacked before I think, so the hackers could have easily exploited it.

Someone also told me everything was plaintext, so yeah...

Well, it took a lot of delay, nobody getting any good extra from Nintendo Switch Online, and security is absolute shit.
But hey! At least we have money! ~ Nintendo, 2018

Back