Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
In a move that's already ticking off a lot of fans, Nintendo is denying the world's biggest fighting game tournament, Evo, from streaming footage of Nintendo's top fighting game, the GameCube's Super Smash Bros. Melee.

The news hit today via an Evo schedule update on Shoruyken, the fighting game news site run by the people behind the tournament:

"Regrettably, we’ve just been informed by Nintendo of America Inc. that we do not have permission to broadcast Super Smash Bros. Melee for Evo 2013."

Evo appears to have received no such streaming bans from the makers of other games in this year's tournament, which include Warner Bros.' Mortal Kombat and Injustice as well as Capcom's Super Street Fighter and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Evo 2013 kicks off in Las Vegas this Friday.
source

no surprise, Nintendo is a bitchy mother with it's children games.

And now Nintendo has 180'd to let SSBM be broadcast at EVO.

I wonder if they're doing this because they're just that far behind the times and haven't realised this was going on. But now they're having kneejerk reactions to everything related to their content and broadcasting.

GracefulAssassin said:
Hey, the new Microsoft!
Why are you constantly Nintendo-bashing? I mean, it's not a perfect company by any stretch, but really; does every topic involving Nintendo need this?

Nuke said:
Why are you constantly Nintendo-bashing? I mean, it's not a perfect company by any stretch, but really; does every topic involving Nintendo need this?
First of all, it's called a joke. Second of all, when a company does something stupid, I will pick at it. I do it to all companies, including the ones that are my persinal favorites, like SE and Sony. It just happens to be that Nintendo is making a lot of bad news lately.

Back