Nintendo's Appearance During E3

Zikkled

Awards
Credits
I'm not sure this is a proper topic title, but what I'm trying to get at is, well... this may just be me, but doesn't Nintendo always seem kind of silly in comparison to the rest of E3 presenters? Everyone seems so official, taking themselves very seriously, talking about all the news in an almost mechanical way. Nintendo, on the other hand, makes a lot of jokes and is generally very silly, especially in the Nintendo Directs, where they have much more liberty. We all remember the famous "My body is ready" that instantly launched Reggie into meme status back in 2012. Has anyone else noticed this? 

I definitely see what you're talking about but...I actually like it. 
I have the most fun watching Nintendo's developers or presenters having a great time as they talk and crack jokes. Perhaps it's because I'm a bit of a light-hearted person in general, but people who get to overly serious about games and designs while I appreciate the passion, sometimes come off as a bit too intense for me. 

I think it's because Nintendo always aims to be family friendly, or even going after the lion's share of the 6 to 12 year old age group. This is no secret. It's what has worked for them for years. All of the nintendo games are light hearted. You won't find halo or call of duty on a nintendo system. Instead you get games like mario, smash bros, pokemon, pikmin, animal crossing, etc.

the only mature titles that spring to mind which are nintendo exclusives are Fire Emblem and Xenoblade.

Nothing wrong with this really, they're just going after a different, often neglected, and under-represented, market and target audience.

Their puppet show fit perfectly with the family-friendly, child-friendly, sort of vibe that nintendo seeks to brand themselves with.

I agree with Xenokitten, that's how we view Nintendo because that's what they intend in the first place. I really like that aspect of the company too. Reggie is awesome.

Zikkled said:
I'm not sure this is a proper topic title, but what I'm trying to get at is, well... this may just be me, but doesn't Nintendo always seem kind of silly in comparison to the rest of E3 presenters? Everyone seems so official, taking themselves very seriously, talking about all the news in an almost mechanical way. Nintendo, on the other hand, makes a lot of jokes and is generally very silly, especially in the Nintendo Directs, where they have much more liberty. We all remember the famous "My body is ready" that instantly launched Reggie into meme status back in 2012. Has anyone else noticed this? 
I get where you are coming from, but you have to remember Nintendo is a family friendly company that makes games which I believe they have the right outlook and spirit. Now if they only put out the right games.

Back