Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Nintendo's greatest challenge might not be Sony or Microsoft, but the rise of digital content. Whether it's WiiWare or Apple's AppStore, the publisher has much to deal with in an emerging market.

When I sat down with Nintendo of America Reggie Fils-Aime, I wanted to know how Nintendo would answer the call of digital software. The company openly admits it has faltered with WiiWare and DSiWare. Why? What will it do differently?

Nintendo has also routinely been compared to Apple in terms of design aesthetic and market approach, but it has yet to create a compelling equivalent to the AppStore, perhaps Apple's greatest creation in years. And how does Reggie view the debate between software quality and quantity? Where does pricing fit into that conversation? Even more important is the eternal struggle all developers have with development costs. What is Nintendo's part in containing those costs?

As always, so many questions with precious little time. I asked Reggie as many questions as I could. Here was his stance on more of the critical issues facing the House of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.

continue to read here

Back