Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
It seems No Man's Sky promised a lot and delivered little in a form of a space version of Minecraft. One would think all buyers would be screwed, however Steam, PSN and Amazon are offering refunds on your copy of the game, no matter how long you've played it.

To get a refund, just contact whichever provider’s customer support you bought the game from and how you truly felt about the game. These companies were trying to do this as quietly as possible and now that everyone and their mother is going to ask for a refund, they might stop giving them out.

Pretty much that is the gist I get.

Apparently, during development the game didn't show much gameplay material so a lot of people relied on the interviews of the developers for information on what to expect for the game. They did preorders, they played several hours hoping to find things like multiplayer and it just wasn't there.

So now you have one side saying that you're entitled if you refund it for not filling your expectation, as the game itself it's not broken nor awful, and people should just stop preordering; while the other group claims it has nothing to do with expectations but that the game is not what they were told it'd be.

Just to be clear, I am just relaying what I've read around in other forums. I have not even tried the game. I just know everybody was praising it before it came out and now it seems as if now it is heavily disliked.

Pretty much that is the gist I get.

Apparently, during development the game didn't show much gameplay material so a lot of people relied on the interviews of the developers for information on what to expect for the game. They did preorders, they played several hours hoping to find things like multiplayer and it just wasn't there.

So now you have one side saying that you're entitled if you refund it for not filling your expectation, as the game itself it's not broken nor awful, and people should just stop preordering; while the other group claims it has nothing to do with expectations but that the game is not what they were told it'd be.

Just to be clear, I am just relaying what I've read around in other forums. I have not even tried the game. I just know everybody was praising it before it came out and now it seems as if now it is heavily disliked.

There wasn't much to praise really, gamers tend to jump the gun.

Back