Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGy8HIYBwV0

I can't believe how huge they are making this game. I can't help but feel though this game will be a flop since there is so much to do without purpose.

I think either way this game will have great sales. With a game that has so much to do it will entice people to make the purchase. There will be plenty of hours of entertainment with this one game when it eventually comes out.

This game already has some pretty hefty and impressive competitors such as Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. From what we've seen of this game, there's little to no ground combat, and it's pure exploration, which gets boring after a while. Comparing Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous to this is like comparing Elder Scrolls and Fallout to COD. While it's a cute game, they really need to pick up the pace and show some variety and interesting, refreshing mechanics people would buy the game for. Right now it's just neon, bright colors and random planets.

This game is huge but it also looks pointless. I'm not feeling it at all. You can't even be creative in it like with Minecraft or something, which I also dislike due to it being rather pointless. But this game, it seems to have even less to do than Minecraft. It's literally a walking simulator!

Then again, I heard something about planets being fully destructible? I wouldn't mind trying to blow the entire universe up!

Androu1 said:
This game is huge but it also looks pointless. I'm not feeling it at all. You can't even be creative in it like with Minecraft or something, which I also dislike due to it being rather pointless. But this game, it seems to have even less to do than Minecraft. It's literally a walking simulator!

Then again, I heard something about planets being fully destructible? I wouldn't mind trying to blow the entire universe up!
that would get old fast though.

http://youtu.be/q3ZRqxZk0x8

In this video, these guys discuss the purpose and meaning to the game, it's long but it's worth it I think. The game isn't meant to be about complying a singular objective and moving on to the next one, and I think that's why they're so secretive about what you can 'do'.

The game is about choice and freedom to do as you choose, shape worlds to your vision of you so wish, but saying that's the goal makes it seem too open ended for some. There is no real purpose to the game because there's no real narrative, but it doesn't make it any less of an immersive game than others. That's at least what I think anyway.

Visually, it looks absolutely stunning. Quite frankly, I'm salivating over the prospect of playing this game eventually. I'm sure it will garner significant sales numbers and be one of those games people rave about those first few days, upon release. But if it's just going to be a large sandbox with no clearly determined missions for players to focus on, I can see everyone losing interest quickly. Initially it did remind me of an over glorified Wing Commander, hopefully they may have learnt something from that series. 

Back