No trainer customisation in Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Sorry folks, it's apparently staying exclusive to X and Y, at least for the time being. Their reasoning?

In terms of the customization of the trainer, that was really kind of a special thing for the Kalos region, which featured this kind of motif of France and really focused on this beauty and fashion aspect, which is why it was a prominent feature in that game. For this game, we're focusing on adventuring elements, so we don't have the actual free customization of the trainer, but you'll see the items you use throughout the game visually represented; for example, when you're underwater, you'll have this little mouthpiece that lets you breathe. So there's some cool stuff for how your trainer changes clothes and puts on accessories throughout the game.

Apparently the focus on beauty and fashion in Kalos and the focus on adventure in the remakes means the latter can't have trainer customisation. Yeah, pretty lame excuse isn't it?

What do you think of this feature being cut from these games?

Source:

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/you-cant-customize-your-character-in-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire

The customisation was cool and all but I'm not bothered by it at all. I much preferred the default outfits in X & Y anyway.

I honestly have to say I'll miss the character customization. At first I used it as a joke and made random costumes with my character, at least I'll have a reason to get back on Pokemon X. :p Although I did think maybe they could profit the idea and bring customization packs for example pokemon costumes etc.

As much as I appreciated the character customization in X/Y, it was definitely lacking severely. I'd rather them wait a few years (even though it shouldn't take this long) and make a really diverse selection of customization options.

Eh.  Brendan's "hair" always looked cool, even now that I know it's a hat.?

No idea why the player characters in OR and AS are wearing Emerald clothes.

No idea why the player characters in OR and AS are wearing Emerald clothes.

They aren't? It's a new outfit with some similarities to both the Emerald and RS designs.

Back