froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Want to take Amazon’s Alexa voice service for a spin, but don’t want to spend money on an Amazon Echo or another product with Alexa support? All you need is a web browser.

Amazon has launched Echosim.io, a website where you can interact with with a virtual Amazon Echo. It’s aimed at developers, but anyone can give it a try.

Read More

I wonder would Echosim website cause some people not to buy the Amazon Echo Voice activated speaker because people can just use an old laptop, tablet, or smartphone with a browser, mic and speaker to use Amazon Echo in a web browser.

I feel there are a large amount of people who don't want to talk to their electronics because of privacy concerns of their parents, kids, strangers, girlfriend, and boyfriend hearing them doing voice searches for certain topics like dating and health advice which they want to keep private from people around them by not saying the searches out loud.

Plus, people who having boring accents like monotone accents and speech problems don't like the sound of their own voice even when they are talking to other people, or themselves. I think people who have anxiety and shyness problems also don't like talking to people, and possibly things like computers and microphones.

I guest, making a Amazon Echo website to listen to people's home is one way for Amazon to listen in on people's conversations, and sounds in a home like the sound from a dog, radio, or appliances like fridge, fan, and microwave, so Amazon know more about your home, and sell more stuff to you through ads, e-mail newsletters, and deals which are targeted to you.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea, though I have no interest in it.

Back