Nuke's Staff Application[Denied]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuke

Awards
Credits
What position are you applying for?: Preferably Vice-Admin, but I'd accept mod status.
Location & time zone: Central Time Zone (America) - GMT -6 (-5 daylight savings time)
Favorite types of games?: JRPGs
How many free hours do you have per week/day to dedicate to the forum?: Varies. I try to pitch more than two hours into my forums tabgroup daily, but that's shared between several forums, which I switch between based on where the activity is at the moment.
If you have been staff at another forum how long were you staff for?: Ekunia (2009-) and several forums which are all either defunct or dead now.
What are your favorite features/forums/areas in Gamingforce? I like the Nintendo, tech, and debates areas. They're fun.
Why do you want to be a staff member?: The experience of running a more successful and more long-running forum than I've previously managed will help me with my future free forum host.
What would make you unique as staff?: I run an indie development company and can provide some opinions on the industry's stuff. I've been paid real money for my posts due to their high quality.
Anything else you like to mention?: I'd like to mention that I have clan/guild management skills and would help with any such ventures of GamingForce. If DS wanted it, I could migrate GF to my future free forum host, although I don't feel like explaining the implications to those concerned until it's requested.

As an admin, how could you improve this forum?

I have some pretty good marketing ideas, especially with Youtube marketing, which is one area you seem to have not covered.

I would expand GF's influence over and/or coverage of several "cult classic" titles etc., as they can provide fuel to grow much larger, as seen with forums such as Starmen.net/Fangamer.

I'd also give new ideas, when I make them. It's regular for me to just make up ideas for fun.

As for Youtube videos, I don't have any video software, either. I just had some ideas.

In any case, I can enact ideas if they relate to writing, programming (although I'd need to learn PHP and stuff for this site), or something along those lines, yes.

PHP is the server-side stuff.

I can do JavaScript, though, yes. I'd just need to learn about the APIs used in IPB.

GamerPerfection said:
is HTML not PHP.
More like a bug somewhere along the line, likely relating to my transfer of a data packet to the server on a slow network. Notice that it would be something normal for a post: a double line break.

I mean, think about how that would look if it were processed. There are two mostly distinct statements, which, in accordance with my style, would be separated with a double line break.

Hope that clears up why HTML was in my post...

Nuke said:
More like a bug somewhere along the line, likely relating to my transfer of a data packet to the server on a slow network. Notice that it would be something normal for a post: a double line break.

I mean, think about how that would look if it were processed. There are two mostly distinct statements, which, in accordance with my style, would be separated with a double line break.

Hope that clears up why HTML was in my post...
lol I know exactly what it means, stop trying to boast your application, I was pulling your leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back