Nvidia’s mobile Maxwell GPU is a monster, beating all current AMD and Nividia graphics cards by a hu

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Leaked benchmarks from the upcoming GTX 860M, point to the terrifying truth of that statement: While most high-end laptop GPUs have a TDP of 75W, the 860M displaces just 45W. Perhaps even more interestingly, if the chip is as capable as these tests indicate, it could make a potent upgrade for smartphones, tablets, and other ultra-mobile devices in the 20nm 2015/Tegra K1 timeframe as well.

Appearances, however, can be deceiving. In 3DMark 11′s Performance Preset, the GTX 860M reportedly puts up a score of P5339, as compared to the GTX 770M’s P5023. (P stands for Performance.)

Read More

Crazy to think that future smartphones, tablets, and mobile devices would have a faster video chip than all current AMD and Nvidia cards which are already out.

This is good news for future mini game consoles like the Nvidia Shield, Ouya, and Madcatz Mojo which all currently use Tegra 4 and Tegra 3 chips from Nvidia.

Nvidia Maxwell's high performance chip is bad news for AMD Radeon video cards and Intel integrated video chips. It is also bad news for the game consoles since a mobile chip out performing a game console's video chip doesn't look very good to people who want the latest and greatest in high quality graphics.

I want my future smartphone to be so fast that there are no loading times, no slow video playback in videos and games, and I can run many apps at the same time without slow down.

no surpise, tech keeps becoming greater.

Back