Nvidia's RTX 5000 Series Will Be A Game-Changing Release?

cm2

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from professionalpc :

The NVIDIA RTX 50 Series “Blackwell” GPUs: A Game-Changing Release

NVIDIA has announced that the highly-anticipated RTX 50 series GPUs, based on the innovative Blackwell architecture, will be released in 2024. These GPUs have the potential to be the first mainstream multi-chip module (MCM) based GPUs from the company, and could bring about the biggest performance leap in NVIDIA’s history.

What Makes the Geforce RTX 50 Series Stand Out
According to reports, the RTX 50 series will feature a new streaming multiprocessor (SM) design, as well as a raytracing denoising accelerator for enhanced performance. The GPUs will also utilize a hyperspeed bus to connect the SM and chiplets, and will be manufactured on TSMC’s advanced 3nm process.

Although no official specifications have been released yet, it is expected that there will be several RTX 50 series GPUs available, and the final selection will depend on the performance of AMD’s current and future RDNA offerings.

NVIDIA-RTX-5090-will-be-a-Technology-Revolution.jpg

It's definitely going to be very powerful machine and I'm very sure they will beef up the specifications well.

I bet, the Nvidia RTX 5000 will be a good video card for running VR/Virtual Reality games in 4K and higher video resolutions.

Reactions: cm2
I bet, the Nvidia RTX 5000 will be a good video card for running VR/Virtual Reality games in 4K and higher video resolutions.
Maybe we are going to see the likes of what we have never seen before in this one..

Aren't they all game changers? lol.
lol

The GTX 970 was a real game changer backthen with its price to performance ratio, As Digital foundry put it "the GPU that nukes almost the entire high-end graphics card market from orbit". It beat the R9 290 and R9 290X, forcing AMD to instigate major price-cuts. so if the RTX 5000 will be like that then it will be the new real game changer knocking GTX 970 down from the pedestal lol.

I mean it's not like even the 4000 series is selling well. I think GPU speeds have long overtaken system requirements of your average game. Only people chasing the best performance should be interested in this.

I mean it's not like even the 4000 series is selling well. I think GPU speeds have long overtaken system requirements of your average game. Only people chasing the best performance should be interested in this.
I couldn't really figure out why the 4000 series never sold well.

I couldn't really figure out why the 4000 series never sold well.

Price. They are charging the same price as the scalpers were during the bitcoin mining phase thinking "why let scalpers make this money when we can make this money" when 1) It's not worth the insane price. 2) Games are not pushing the boundaries technology nearly has hard as you might think. Even the most demanding games of today can be played on a 1080 comfortably.

Read from tweaktown:

In a new video from Moore's Law is Dead, Tom's sources have said that NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 50 series "Blackwell" GPUs will be "ready for launch" in Q4 2024... if NVIDIA wants to. Why is that? It will depend on how the GeForce RTX 40 "Ada Lovelace" GPUs are selling at that point and how AMD's next-gen RDNA 4 GPU architecture is shaping up.

NVIDIA will reportedly be making a "big deal" about the GeForce RTX 50 series GPUs and their efficiency, rocking along on TSMC's updated 3nm process node. We should expect some big power savings, higher clock speeds, and a huge performance upgrade over the current-gen RTX 40 series GPUs.

MLID's sources teased: "Blackwell is being prepared to be ready for launch in Q4 2024 if we want to. Whether or not we do depends on how Ada sales are doing, and how competitive we believed RDNA 4 will be during the holiday season".

They continued: "But no matter what, we are currently planning to make a big deal about RTX 5000 efficiency at CES 2025. So, either way we will be launching next-gen by the start of 2025".

"As for performance, Blackwell's rasterization uplift over Ada will not be as impressive as Ampere to Ada. However, the RTX 4090 was cut down by more than 10%, so it's plausible we could make the 5090"feel"like a similar uplift if we felt threatened".

Read from tweaktown :

NVIDIA's CEO Huang took a flight over to Taiwan, where the NVIDIA founder met with multiple Taiwanese companies, including TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company) and Wistron, some of the key firm suppliers NVIDIA uses and will greatly need for its next-gen AI GPUs. Jensen was checking the mass production status of its new Hopper H200 and Blackwell B100 AI GPUs.

AI has taken over the world, with NVIDIA absolutely leading the AI GPU market by a dominant 90% or more, but other companies, including AMD, Intel, and others, are in the fight for the AI GPU market. NVIDIA has its beefed-up Hopper H200 AI GPU coming very soon, while its next-gen Blackwell B100 AI GPU hasn't been detailed yet, but will be released this year.

Hopper H200 will fill out most of the AI GPUs from NVIDIA this year, while Blackwell B100 will be released later this year, and most likely detailed at GTC 2024 (GPU Technology Conference) in March, so there's not much longer until we know what is going inside of the Blackwell GPU architecture, and B100 AI GPU.

Price. They are charging the same price as the scalpers were during the bitcoin mining phase thinking "why let scalpers make this money when we can make this money" when 1) It's not worth the insane price. 2) Games are not pushing the boundaries technology nearly has hard as you might think. Even the most demanding games of today can be played on a 1080 comfortably.

Indeed this is very true.

Also Games sell more on consoles and thus Game Devs make games mostly with consoles' capabilities in mind. And in the PC Gaming space most game devs also make their games to play well enough/comfortably with the most owned GPUs, and the most owned will always be the 50-60 (mid range) GPUs And thus you don't need the expensive and can be overpriced GPUs to play new games comfortably.

HvtinSj.jpg

Last edited:
read from tweaktown:

Samsung and SK hynix will roll out their GDDR7 memory at lower speeds at first, with 32Gbps as the entry-level for next-gen GDDR7 memory; after that, we'll see 35Gbps and then 37Gbps after that for refreshed GPUs, I'd say. I think we'll see NVIDIA introduce its lower-end GeForce RTX 50 series GPUs, like the GeForce RTX 5070 and RTX 5060 with GDDR7 memory at 32Gbps, while the higher-end GeForce RTX 5090 and GeForce RTX 5080 with GDDR7 memory at 35Gbps.

Back