Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Kimishima explained from its finical report last week that Nintendo is "not thinking of launching the hardware at a loss." despite the Wii U selling at a loss when it launched way back in 2012.

Kimishima was confident about the line-up of launch games for the new hardware as the console's release date was selected "so that the software lineup will be ready in time for the hardware launch." As well as so games will continue to release at a steady rate after release.

Seems analysts still don't see this console getting much support from Western third-party studios, that makes this console seem like a bigger investment for a user as they are unlikely to get third-party games, but will be paying more since the cost of the console will have to be more in line with something like the PS4 to not sell at a loss.

Kimishima, Nintendo's president is actually saying this. The fact he is saying it either means they think they have lots of game sellers or the NX isn't all that powerful to make.
If its the second one they have no chance for support. I've heard rumors suggesting its more powerful than the PS4 but still won't get support from developers, not sure where they get the insight, but if true, you'd think they would stop making home consoles from now on.

If its the second one they have no chance for support. I've heard rumors suggesting its more powerful than the PS4 but still won't get support from developers, not sure where they get the insight, but if true, you'd think they would stop making home consoles from now on.

I would think since its a fact (I think), that its easy to port to the NX that the 3rd party support would be strongest on the NX.

Back