Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Saw the video:

The NYXI's Gamecube controller looks nice, and well-built. I like how colorful it is.

I wonder if anyone at Nintendo is frustrated that the Gamecube controller refuses to die?
I grew up with it and it's nicer than the N64 one. The Wiimote I think just embodies what the Gamecube lacked. Two hands on separate controller parts, gimmicks that aren't always reliable like motion and infrared although effective. The reverse compatibility for it is insane though, Wii/Wii U/Switch. I think because of Melee there are a lot of broken controllers and hands it, but always look for a way to play again with another controller. I wouldn't need one but the need is there for it now for sure.

I grew up with it and it's nicer than the N64 one. The Wiimote I think just embodies what the Gamecube lacked. Two hands on separate controller parts, gimmicks that aren't always reliable like motion and infrared although effective. The reverse compatibility for it is insane though, Wii/Wii U/Switch. I think because of Melee there are a lot of broken controllers and hands it, but always look for a way to play again with another controller. I wouldn't need one but the need is there for it now for sure.
The one for Nintendo 64 wasn't half bad either. I really had a good time with it.

The one for Nintendo 64 wasn't half bad either. I really had a good time with it.
Only issue I see is knowing where to put two hands on a three-pronged controller and the Joystick can get loose with wear.

I wouldn’t be surprised that if the Wii didn’t support GameCube controllers, Smash players wouldn’t be so anal about it. They’re the only ones who care about the GameCube controller.

True, but nowadays getting games used means looking up the manuals online.
Most N64 games just had you old the middle prong with the left hand and the right hand on the right prong. If you played a game that had you control the character with the D-pad, then your hands held the two outer prongs. I know there's probably some weird game that had you hold the left prong in the left hand and the middle with the right, but those were very rare.

The vast majority of N64 games used the first position I mentioned, so in my experience it didn't seem that confusing to try and figure out how to hold the controller. Looking up a list of games that used the other two positions pulled up a really low list of games.

Most N64 games just had you old the middle prong with the left hand and the right hand on the right prong. If you played a game that had you control the character with the D-pad, then your hands held the two outer prongs. I know there's probably some weird game that had you hold the left prong in the left hand and the middle with the right, but those were very rare.

The vast majority of N64 games used the first position I mentioned, so in my experience it didn't seem that confusing to try and figure out how to hold the controller. Looking up a list of games that used the other two positions pulled up a really low list of games.
And then there's an option in Goldeneye to use two controllers for one player.

Back