Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The Prez rolled out the same language last night in his first address to a joint session of Congress. Speaking about his administration's approach to education, Obama said:

QUOTE These education policies will open the doors of opportunity for our children. But it is up to us to ensure they walk through them. In the end, there is no program or policy that can substitute for a mother or father who will attend those parent/teacher conferences, or help with homework after dinner, or turn off the TV, put away the video games, and read to their child. I speak to you not just as a president, but as a father when I say that responsibility for our children's education must begin at home.

A CNN poll reports that 65% of respondents gave the President favorable marks for the speech.

more here

Hehe, no, I watched it last night, its not the way he had meant it, Im quite sure that he had meant that he wants parents to put them away and show that reading can be as fun as video games.

I'm pretty sure Obama wanted every child in America to focus on their studies and not let other distractions get in the way of succeeding in life.

I think Obama just used video games and tv as an example of activities that can lead to poor grades if the parents don't control their children to make sure if their kids finish their homework before they do other things.

That's not quite true. I get A's and B's, and I play videogames A LOT. And some video games help with school. Like Brain Age, or my Spanish, French, Japanese, etc. Coach.

Back