Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The most common complaints you hear from gamers about 3D gaming usually include being required to wear glasses and having to purchase a litany of additional equipment in order to take advantage of 3D technology. It comes as little surprise, then, that research into 3D games presented at the 3D Gaming Summit in Los Angeles this week underscored both of these issues facing the industry.

Foremost, consumers don't really understand what hardware is and isn't capable of executing 3D or even if they need to purchase new hardware. Interpret VP of video game research Michael Cai described the current situation regarding consumer understanding of 3D as a "total mess."

Cai said startling number of consumers -- 15% of those polled -- believed current 2D TVs were capable of watching 3D content with the right glasses on their head. Furthermore, a number of those polled believed 3D glasses purchased for one TV will work with another TV. That's not actually true.

The primary reasons consumers are wary about consumer 3D wasn't anything new.

When asked about their primary dislike of home 3D, 74% of those polled said the equipment was too expensive, 43% said having to wear glasses was a serious deterrent (that number dropped to 37% when asked specifically about wearing glasses for 3D gaming) and 18% declared home 3D nothing more than a "gimmick" and had little interest engaging with 3D outside out a theater.

source

this is why I am against 3D gaming, I do not want to play games with a another pair of glasses over my eyes.

Back