Switch Octopath Traveler

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
This was a game they showed off yesterday at the Direct. I had no interest at first because I'm not an avid fan of rpg's. I like Pokemon and Mario and Luigi rpgs, and I like games where you get exp and level up, even though it's not an rpg like in Halo Reach.

However, I played the demo today, and I'm absolutely in love with the game. You can play as two characters (in the demo), which I haven't played as both yet, only one, but so far it's really good. The game draws you in in like the first 10 minutes or less. The battles are standard rpg stuff, but as time goes on, you get these orb things that allow you to do stronger special attacks or do string attacks where you attack more than once and it feels really good when you get the hang of it. (I'm not good at explaining it, you'd have to check it out for yourself.) It only goes through the first "chapter" of the character. Though it's like a prologue. I forget what the game calls it, but it's roughly and hour or so long. I really can't wait to try the second person, but I needed a break from the game and I really wanted to make a topic about it because this game looks promising.

What do you all think of the game? Have you tried the demo of it or were you sold just from the presentation or just because it's made by Square Enix?

Downloaded it right after Nintendo Direct, played the game for like 20 minutes or solith, and I really liked it.
Would have played 'till the end of the demo, but I had to sleep.
By the time I was done playing, it almost turned 2:00 am here.

So it's free to download on the 3DS? I'll have to dust mine off and try it.

Yeah. This game might end up being a hidden gem on the Switch. Then again, it's Square Enix so it might get popular.

I finished the second story, accidentally saving over my first file, and the second story was good too. I can't believe this game is going to be like 8 games in one. I don't think you'll be able to transfer data from the demo to the actual game though since you can save over your progress. Still, this is just a working title. Who knows if the name will change or if it'll even be out this year.

Back