Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So both devices are now out for the PC, what are your thoughts? Have you seen any good videos? Will you buy either one?

They seem good, they'll do great for horror games really. I still don't think they are worth the money, but can see them being good fun.

I'm not a big fan of their design. They simply looks ridiculous:

It looks like those retro inventions from the '60s:

However, I'm leaning towards giving the Oculus a try sometime when I can afford it. It just seems to have more features than the HTC Vive.

Last edited:
I probably won't buy a VR headset like Oculus or Vive in the near future because they are expensive.

I like the look of the Oculus VR headset more.

I think VR could be good for people who want to view a big video, but don't have the space for a big TV in their home because they live in a very small apartment/hotel, trailer, car or van because they don't want to spend a lot of money on housing.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't afford one of these devices either if they were short on money...

Not everyone who lives in a small places are short on money.

Some people who lives in a small home may rather spend their money on other things like a nice car, boat, traveling, jewellery, and eating at nice restaurants instead of living in a bigger home which is more expensive.

A lot of people in big cities in United States, Japan and South Korea lives in smaller places, but don't have money problems, and own stuff like a car, computer, TV, and laptop.

Last edited:
True, but you also mentioned living in a car, a van or a trailer...

Some people choose to live in trailers because it is enough space for them, or they don't plan on living in the same town as a long-term town to live in.

Lving in a trailer can be a good option for people who move around a lot because of work or personal reasons like wanting to travel more .

Living in a trailer is a common way for many people to live in Canada, and the United States because not everyone wants the extra responsibilities of owning a home like home maintenance and cutting grass. Trailer homes are also usually located away from the city, so they are more quiet, and there is less crime like some big cities.

There are slightly bigger vans with a kitchen sink, electric stove, and a bed on the back of the van. It is not a lot of space, but enough space for 1-2 people to live in while they go to work during the day at a job like construction worker, security gaurd, or coal miner.

There are probably more people with money problems who live in a car. But, it might be their choice to live in a car because they rather use their money for something else, or they are fine living in a car until they can find a new place, or need a bigger place to live.

Back