Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
633257259459916167.jpg

Oklahoma has struck down a law that would fine people for disseminating violent videogames to children, $1,000 for each offense, even if those people happen to be the parents of the children who receive the games. This is yet another variation of the same law that keeps migrating from state to state, and getting shot down in each one, as the law is patently unconstitutional.

Make no mistake. The politicians who propose these laws know full well that they will never pass. This is just another self-aggrandizing attempt to draw cheap attention to themselves by blaming the 'way the world is today' on gaming. A witchhunt, pure and simple.

You may thank the Video Game Voters Network in making sure that the law didn't make it onto the books.

That's a good thing and I hope Delaware never lets that law come here. Technically they could fine me because I let Nathan (he's 5) play games rated T. I see nothing wrong with them. There's usually not any blood, just standard fighting (like SSBM which he is playing right now).

He doesn't play and games rated M and he knows that. But either way, I should be the one to decide what games are appropriate for him, now some legislative jerk.

Back