froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Microsoft has confirmed that it’s going to end support for the original release version of Windows 10, version 1507 to be precise, next month. Microsoft was actually supposed to do this on March 26th as part of its shift to the Windows as a Service model. However, it decided to delay ending support for this version and has now announced that it’s finally going to go through with this in May.

So what does it mean that it’s going to end support for this version? Microsoft points out that those who are still running Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive any security and quality updates after it ends support.

Read More

I think Microsoft want most people to upgrade to the new Windows 10 Creator update. But, I feel May 9th is too early for support to end for Windows 10 Original.

I'm confused, there are different versions of w10 out? How do you know if you have 1507?

I'm confused, there are different versions of w10 out? How do you know if you have 1507?

You can open the Settings App in Windows 10, and click on the About button which will show you the build/version of Windows 10 according to How to Find Out Which Build and Version of Windows 10 You Have

^ This.

Is that the free upgtrade Microsoft has been offering to people who were on Windows 7/8 last year?

Yes, I think it is the free version of Windows 10 for users who already own Windows 7 and 8.1 last year.

This version of Windows 10 would be free as well, and come with new features like Game Mode, and a 3D painting/drawing program.

Last edited:
You can open the Settings App in Windows 10, and click on the About button which will show you the build/version of Windows 10 according to How to Find Out Which Build and Version of Windows 10 You Have

Yes, I think it is the free version of Windows 10 for users who already own Windows 7 and 8.1 last year.

This version of Windows 10 would be free as well, and come with new features like Game Mode, and a 3D painting/drawing program.

so does this new upgrade cost anything? I know there is a W10 subscription out there for business.

so does this new upgrade cost anything? I know there is a W10 subscription out there for business.

It is free for home users as long as they are using Windows 10 on their PC. The new update is not free for Windows 8.1 and 7 users because the free Windows 10 upgrade promotion is over.

But, I'm not sure about business. I think Businesses have to pay for technical support, and yearly licenses if they want to continue using Microsoft software on their computers. I heard Businesses and schools subscribe to Windows, and Office Licenses, so they can use the same license key on many computers.

My understanding is this is a major update that is going to kind of push the platform forward for the expansion into the mobile market. I got the free upgrade but my free upgrade was for the professional system so my current version is 1607 not 1507.

My understanding is this is a major update that is going to kind of push the platform forward for the expansion into the mobile market. I got the free upgrade but my free upgrade was for the professional system so my current version is 1607 not 1507.

I thought the new upgrade for Windows 10 would be mainly for Creators since it came with a 3D paint program. There is also a gaming mode, improved Xbox app, and game livestream video sharing with Beam app. Microsoft Edge and Windows Defender also had improvements added to them to make them better to use.

Hopefully, Windows 10 does not upset their desktop users by making Windows 10 overly mobile like Windows 8 which was a mobile OS on a Desktop. A lot of Desktop users felt unhappy using Windows 8 on a desktop.

Back