Osama bin Laden has been killed

Conspiracy theorists get lulz from this sort of junk. The DNA was a 99.99% match >.>
Oop! 99.99%?
That means there's a .01% chance he wasn't Bin Laden! You're wrong! America is wrong!
[/conspiracy theory]

I see. You don't like how the media uses the whole "magnifying glass effect" to use this story to fuel headlines for the next month. Yeah, I know what you mean, but that happens with pretty much every major event.
So you get where I'm coming from? Sorry for not making it clear the first time.

Yup, I get ya. I appreciate that the media is including 9/11 victims in their broadcasts, but creating fully fledged news stories out of it for potentially weeks to come is just unnecessary. There ARE other news stories to be covered, after all.

This is such a happy day. Too bad I'm going to D.C. later this month, hope my trip is unaffected by 'revenge'.

I woke up at eleven to find my father with the radio, screaming that he was dead. We didn't stay up late enough for the speech, thankfully, I was tired.

The news spread so fast that minutes after my father told me, people started bursting fireworks in my neighborhood.

As patriotic as I am, I don't think what everyone's doing is really appropriate. Don't get me wrong, I love to party, but screaming at the top of your lungs of how he's rotting in hell isn't very respectful, not that we should really give him any respect in the first place, besides the fact that in the end, he's a human, just clouded by the story of his maniac side, and is pretty much asking for it.

I woke up at eleven to find my father with the radio, screaming that he was dead. We didn't stay up late enough for the speech, thankfully, I was tired.

The news spread so fast that minutes after my father told me, people started bursting fireworks in my neighborhood.

As patriotic as I am, I don't think what everyone's doing is really appropriate. Don't get me wrong, I love to party, but screaming at the top of your lungs of how he's rotting in hell isn't very respectful, not that we should really give him any respect in the first place, besides the fact that in the end, he's a human, just clouded by the story of his maniac side, and is pretty much asking for it.
Hee-hee, that's a funny way of putting things. Respecting human life is admirable, but he was a pretty bad chap. It isn't hard to argue that the world is better off without him. I just hope that we as a nation don't take a "nah-nah-nah-nah boo-boo" stance towards the Islamic extremist community. We're already at a high enough risk of retaliation as it is.

How do you know Osama's still the main influence of terrorism though? You could make this a bigger part of the 9/11 conspiracy quite easily. And are people really that afraid of a couple of dudes in a hole? They haven't done THAT much really.

How do you know Osama's still the main influence of terrorism though? You could make this a bigger part of the 9/11 conspiracy quite easily. And are people really that afraid of a couple of dudes in a hole? They haven't done THAT much really.
I personally don't know what he's responsible for, but he was the leader of Al-Qaeda, the leading Islam extremist terrorist group in the Middle East and elsewhere around the world. There will surely be successors, but it seems reasonable to assume that he's been behind many plots against the US, including the failed Times Square Christmas bombing.

ehm... out of curiosity ... why did the Americans claim the body after killing him just to bury him in the sea? Sound a bit weird to me. N that must have been one fast ass DNA test, where did they get the sample to compare it with from? Don't get me wrong, i dont fuel into these conspiracy theories and all that. I just hate that governments have to be so sketchy all the time. Japenese with them hiding info about the amount of radiation exposed, The US generally being sketchy about what and why they do/did things, in India corruption and the government are holding hands and no one can get to know or even do anything about it, and the list goes on. Dumb example this Osama thing, but the Libya incident was sketchy too with it not being even announced till it was done. Damn... this just got me ranting about all this, that wasn't even why I was posting

The DNA match was performed with samples from Osama's family members. The body was buried at sea for a few different reasons:

1) What country would want to have the most wanted man in the world buried under their soil?

2) It's part of Islamic tradition to bury at sea.

3) Fans of Osama will have a much harder time locating the remains at the bottom of the ocean than they would if he were buried on land. ZOMBIE BIN LADEN!

Killing him will probably be a mission in the next Call of Duty game.

The DNA match was performed with samples from Osama's family members. The body was buried at sea for a few different reasons:

1) What country would want to have the most wanted man in the world buried under their soil?

2) It's part of Islamic tradition to bury at sea.

3) Fans of Osama will have a much harder time locating the remains at the bottom of the ocean than they would if he were buried on land. ZOMBIE BIN LADEN!
At least let THEM bury him, or chuck him into the sea.

Back