Pac-Man 99's Online Service Has Now Ended

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Username Style

In case you missed it, Bandai Namco's battle royale PAC-MAN 99 will be ending its online service later this week on 8th October.

"The online service for Nintendo Switch Online subscriber-only software "PAC-MAN 99" will end on Sunday, October 8, 2023. You can continue to enjoy the offline mode of paid additional content even after the online service ends."

Bandai Namco's website for the game explains how the online services and distribution of the main game will be discontinued. Paid custom content and modes have already been discontinued.

Played it on friday for the first time in a while and remembered why I liked it. Shame they shut it down so soon.

It kinda had to go. Very fun, but it's still another Pac-Man. Here's the replacement:

Bit of a strange one that they've cancelled it already. Do you think it was because of low numbers or as posted above, they want everybody on the game above?

Not really a huge surprise, it was fun at first, but it's the type of game that isn't going to have much longevity without fresh updates to make it fun for lots of people.

Bit of a strange one that they've cancelled it already. Do you think it was because of low numbers or as posted above, they want everybody on the game above?

It was actually pretty fun and the lobbies were full towards the end, but yeah, its probably due to the new battle royale coming out.

It is such a shame to see the online service closed down for PacMan 99. I loved the game but due to other commitments was unable to get on as much as I have in the past.

I may still try the game offline but it's definitely not going to be the same, such a shame they shut it down as quickly as they did.

It is such a shame to see the online service closed down for PacMan 99. I loved the game but due to other commitments was unable to get on as much as I have in the past.

I may still try the game offline but it's definitely not going to be the same, such a shame they shut it down as quickly as they did.

I'm kind of sick of Nintendo releasing these fun side games and then shutting them down, I really want to play Mario 99 again.

I thought we were in agreement that it was the new game that caused this to be shut down lol

Back