Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
1494jkn.jpg

Panasonic’s phone is a digital cordless (DECT) phone with WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS capabilities.
It has 3.5 inch TFT 320 x 480 pixel LCD display with a capacitive multitouch panel. Thee’s a 0.3MP front-facing camera which you can use to make video calls.

The phone has a microSD card slot, a micro USB charging port, and a 1450mAh battery.

Read more

Panasonic cordless Google Android phone is one of the most feature-rich cordless landline telephones which I seen. I wonder if this phone can use Dial-up internet like a PC in Android to download, and install apps, upload pictures to Twitter and Facebook, and use instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, YIM, and AIM.

This looks like a good land line phone for people who don't need a smartphone, but still use a land-line cordless home phone, and don't own a tablet to use apps, and play games.

Plus, since the phone is a land-line cordless phone, poor reception is a lot less likely because the phone's wireless signal is coming from inside their home from the cordless phone transmitter pluged into the phone's jack at the wall instead of a cell phone tower located many miles away.

A GPS may come in handy if you plan on using this phone as a small Tablet when you are driving, and need directions. If you install an App for finding lost tablets, and phones by GPS, you might be able to find your lost phone with GPS.

I think more old people may want this over a Smartphone because a lot of old people dislike the expensive monthly subscriptions of Smartphones because they say things are more expensive thesedays, and say things like "you can't buy much with a dollar, but back in my day I can buy more things with a dollar."

froggyboy604 said:
A GPS may come in handy if you plan on using this phone as a small Tablet when you are driving, and need directions. If you install an App for finding lost tablets, and phones by GPS, you might be able to find your lost phone with GPS.

I think more old people may want this over a Smartphone because a lot of old people dislike the expensive monthly subscriptions of Smartphones because they say things are more expensive thesedays, and say things like "you can't buy much with a dollar, but back in my day I can buy more things with a dollar."
If you take it on the go you defeat the propose of a land line.

I assure you as someone who talks to a lot of old people, they don't want smart anything or anything that resembles it.

If you know places where you can get free Wi-Fi internet, and use Android Apps like Skype, YIM, AIM for Android, you can turn this land line phone into a Wi-Fi based Smartphone where you don't have to pay for prepaid cards, or a monthly cell subscription.

I agree many old people don't want Smart things, but a few old people like Tablets like iPads, and MP3 video players like the iPod Touch which can use apps like Skype, and play games like Angry Birds, so if this phone is cheaper than a tablet, some old people may buy one to save money.

Back