Parental Control Question

Aensland

Succubus
Awards
Credits
Am I missing something or did I do something wrong? I got my 3DS new 3 months ago and told it to turn Parental Control to off. Yet the damned thing still asks me for my date of birth when going to watch some videos on eShop for games or on Nintendo Video. I've checked my settings on 2 or 3 different occasions and I see nothing wrong with them. My PS3, 360, and PSP never ask for my birthday when they are in correctly. Is this annoyance normal for 3DS or did I miss something entirely here? My Wii never did this crap either, I may add.

Oh, and I love how google image searches seem just fine though and when looking up anything the safe search off works perfectly fine, though. >.> Yeah, i tested that one just to see if it was the entire unit doing it or just parts. Seems only things related to official Nintendo-hosted apps do it.

the eshop has nothing to do with your system settings, eshop management always asks for date of birth, i think.

the eshop has nothing to do with your system settings, eshop management always asks for date of birth, i think.

SO friggin annoying. Try to watch a trailer or a Nintendo Video more than once and every time you have to put the DoB in. I mean, yeah it only takes a couple of seconds and I'm not THAT lazy, but if something is off it should be off for everything, don't you think? lol

SO friggin annoying. Try to watch a trailer or a Nintendo Video more than once and every time you have to put the DoB in. I mean, yeah it only takes a couple of seconds and I'm not THAT lazy, but if something is off it should be off for everything, don't you think? lol

definately, lol. but also the times you have to enter the parental control pin for those automatic functions on 3DS. everything else on mine is unrestricted.

definately, lol. but also the times you have to enter the parental control pin for those automatic functions on 3DS. everything else on mine is unrestricted.

Oh yeah, it made me enter it for the transfer from my DSi to my 3DS too. I was like "WHY if I said NO to parental controls must I do this!?" Or any time you want to change the date / time, I believe, like the recent daylight savings change.

The existence of this is totally pointless, I mean, anyone can take like 3 seconds to scroll the year to 1983 or something...

The existence of this is totally pointless, I mean, anyone can take like 3 seconds to scroll the year to 1983 or something...

LOL a year after I was born, I may add. And yes, that is what I had said to my boss... let me call him and get the reasoning that exists. I forget what his response was. I'll edit this post in a few. We have to do it for the videos on our site and I thought it was retarded in concept.

Back