PayPal blocks VPN payments, blames copyright infringement

Discussion in 'Gadget & Internet Hub' started by froggyboy604, Feb 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Money:
    $41,345
    VPN providers might be hugely popular, but PayPal is refusing to play ball.PayPal is no longer accepting payments on behalf of companies offering VPN services because it says they enable copyright infringement.The company confirmed to TrustedReviews that the decision is an extension of its existing policy to only service lawful operations.

Read more

This is too bad that Paypal no longer let VPN providers to use Paypal for payments.

2. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

I wonder how long before other big payment options like credit cards bail out as well?

3. froggyboy604

Money:
    $41,345
    I think credit cards may bail soon because they don't want the RIAA, MPAA, and Entertainment industry from suing credit card companies for helping VPN accept payment for its service.

4. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

I guess this is one way to gut the VPN industry.

5. froggyboy604

Money:
    $41,345
    The VPN industry can always accept Bitcoin, and other digital money, or put paid advertisements on their website to make money when people go to their website to download their VPN software, or get the details for connecting to their VPN.

6. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

Isn't bitcoin expensive though?

7. froggyboy604

Money:
    $41,345
  8. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

Isn't there a program where you can mine bitcoins?

9. froggyboy604

Money:
    $41,345
    I think the programs are called Bitcoin Miners, but you need a very powerful computer to make enough Bitcoins to earn a lot of bitcoin. You also need cheap electricity for mining Bitcoin where it becomes profitable.

10. lb

lb 愛してるザラ Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $6,804
    I guess there's either going to be a huge riot about this or Skrill will start growing in popularity.

11. froggyboy604

Money:
    $41,345
    People can always use the free TOR/The Onion Router for hiding their online activity instead of using a paid VPNs.

There are also a lot of free ad-supported VPN services, so people may just switch to free VPNs which are slower, but work okay for a free service.

I think paid VPN services just need to find another way to make money like selling ad space, web hosting, and domain names, and offer a VPN for free to users because the VPN is funded by ad space, web hosting, and domain sales sort of like how Google can offer free e-mail, online storage, Language Translator, software like Android, and YouTube video streaming services because they earn a lot of cash with advertising on their websites, and other websites which uses Adsense to earn money from ads.

12. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

This is something I like to do, but the whole thing about it don't make sense.

13. lb

lb 愛してるザラ Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $6,804
  14. froggyboy604

Money:
    $41,345
    This does seem like a good alternative, but some of the giftcard companies like Amazon only accept credit cards as payment, so a lot of people without credit cards may have difficulties buying giftcard codes.

They can use a prepaid credit card giftcard bought from a regular store, but the money loading fees on Prepaid credit cards are kind expensive like $5 to load money on a gift card, so it may not be worth it to use Prepaid credit cards to buy a giftcard.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  15. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month