froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
A new report published by Jon Peddie Research (JPR) suggests that sales of PC hardware to gaming enthusiasts is on the up despite the overall PC market decline we so often hear about. "PC gamers continue to buy and build with a fervency that could be compared to motorcycle, 4X4, and sports car enthusiasts, always looking for more speed, power, utility, and handling," surmised the report. For PC gamers the 'good enough' mindset behind portable devices and tablets just doesn't cut the mustard.
Read More

I think PC Gamers continue building, and buying Gaming PCs because there isn't really a good alternative to PC Gaming for gamers who prefer gaming with a keyboard, and mouse, or USB Joystick with customizable buttons which is best for certain type of games like flight simulators, or fighting games, and you can only go so far with a Gamepad controller on a console where you are limited to only 8 buttons, 2 joysticks, and a directional pad while with a keyboard, and mouse, or higher end joysticks for PC, you are less limited since there are hundreds of button combinations on a PC keyboard, and mouse.

I agree with the article that tablets, are not good enough for PC Gamers.

I predict there will be more PC gamers as more people become disappointed with some consoles like the Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, etc, and the price of Gaming PC hardware like RAM, CPU, SSD, motherboard and video card become more affordable to the average gamer because of improvements in saving money at the factories, research, and advertising PC parts, so people know where to buy them.

Back