PC Gaming or Console Gaming? Let the war begin!

PC Gaming or Console Gaming?

• PC

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Console

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
@Dan If you made this topic thinking that fight wont arouse from it, you're probably not as smart as I thought you were.

This is going the same direction my PSVita vs. 3DS thread went to.

Bear in mind your PSVita vs 3DS thread's original post was edited a million times and you said in the first post something alone the lines of the Vita absolutely sucking, whereas I wasn't so critical. I expected some debate obviously, but why can't a simple little Shy Guy just ask for some clean, ol' fashioned, manly conversin'?

Also, just to put my opinion in, I'm going to expand a bit more so I'm still on topic. I bort another game console yesterday (One million NintenDan dollars if you can guess which one) and at first I was feeling bad for spending so much money. But after blankly staring at the box for 2 minutes I felt happy that I got it.

I just kinda see my poota as a work thing more than a game thing. I might come to the stage where the two become one, but at the moment, I'm okay with buying my wee little consoles. The only games I play on the computer would be maybe Terraria and random indie games, and even then, I haven't touched many of them for weeks.

The PC games could be cheaper, or more diverse, or even "better", or easier to set up, or X and Y, but nuffin' beats the memories I have and continue to make with the consoles. My lifestyle revolves around the computer so it's just refreshing to get away from it and do something else, whether that be playin' on my console or whatever.

But of course, that's how I feel. Heaps of you probably think I'm a silly goat for blowing money on a console, or doing what my computer already can do, but eh. Diversity for all! HAPPY FUN TIMES.

PC Gaming isn't restricted as you think it is, you're completely forgetting about MMO's, which are free and some are really high-quality, oh, and regulary updated.

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/

http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/

http://www.elswordonline.com/

Dragon Nest is a "console-ish" game, you can even use a controller to play it if you don't like keyboards, and you can play with up to 16 people at a time, compared to a consoles limit of people, online or local.

Oh, and updated regulary, and is 100% free, you can get everything from the cash shop for free.

League of Legends is updated every 2 weeks on average, and is one of the most competitive eSports at the moment, can play up to 5 people at a time, doesn't require any type of high-end computer, but can have nice graphics if you do have one.

Those are just a few examples on top of my head, they are high quality FREE games that don't require a high end computer (Dragon Nest requires a stable internet connection tho).

The point I'm trying to prove here?

PC Games aren't as pricy as you said.

I completely disagree when you say that LoL is one of the most competitive eSports at the moment. StarCraft is way more intense.

Shy Guy said on 09 December 2012 - 09:00 AM:

Hey i quoted you twice haha.....well what im talking about are people who are playing on pc....but playing console games on pc.....so some dude making challenge lobby's on MW3....thats using a PC to hack online matches that are happening....Now back to making sense,i dont like PC games becuzz they are super-slow and when you think about choosing a game that looks cool it ends up being complete crap,also THEY DONT MAKE SENSE! i click on a simple game and all i see is mario getting shot rapidly in the head with a spas-12....

That's why you read reviews before you buy a game, and that's what the summary on the back of the game is for. Why would you buy a game just because the box art is pretty? Furthermore, what kind of game are you playing? Mario being head shot with a SPAS-12? Seriously?

@Dan If you made this topic thinking that fight wont arouse from it, you're probably not as smart as I thought you were.

Bear in mind your PSVita vs 3DS thread's original post was edited a million times and you said in the first post something alone the lines of the Vita absolutely sucking, whereas I wasn't so critical. I expected some debate obviously, but why can't a simple little Shy Guy just ask for some clean, ol' fashioned, manly conversin'?

Also, just to put my opinion in, I'm going to expand a bit more so I'm still on topic. I bort another game console yesterday (One million NintenDan dollars if you can guess which one) and at first I was feeling bad for spending so much money. But after blankly staring at the box for 2 minutes I felt happy that I got it.

I just kinda see my poota as a work thing more than a game thing. I might come to the stage where the two become one, but at the moment, I'm okay with buying my wee little consoles. The only games I play on the computer would be maybe Terraria and random indie games, and even then, I haven't touched many of them for weeks.

The PC games could be cheaper, or more diverse, or even "better", or easier to set up, or X and Y, but nuffin' beats the memories I have and continue to make with the consoles. My lifestyle revolves around the computer so it's just refreshing to get away from it and do something else, whether that be playin' on my console or whatever.

But of course, that's how I feel. Heaps of you probably think I'm a silly goat for blowing money on a console, or doing what my computer already can do, but eh. Diversity for all! HAPPY FUN TIMES.

PC Gaming isn't restricted as you think it is, you're completely forgetting about MMO's, which are free and some are really high-quality, oh, and regulary updated.

Dragon Nest is a "console-ish" game, you can even use a controller to play it if you don't like keyboards, and you can play with up to 16 people at a time, compared to a consoles limit of people, online or local.

Oh, and updated regulary, and is 100% free, you can get everything from the cash shop for free.

League of Legends is updated every 2 weeks on average, and is one of the most competitive eSports at the moment, can play up to 5 people at a time, doesn't require any type of high-end computer, but can have nice graphics if you do have one.

Those are just a few examples on top of my head, they are high quality FREE games that don't require a high end computer (Dragon Nest requires a stable internet connection tho).

I completely disagree when you say that LoL is one of the most competitive eSports at the moment. StarCraft is way more intense.

Hey i quoted you twice haha.....well what im talking about are people who are playing on pc....but playing console games on pc.....so some dude making challenge lobby's on MW3....thats using a PC to hack online matches that are happening....Now back to making sense,i dont like PC games becuzz they are super-slow and when you think about choosing a game that looks cool it ends up being complete crap,also THEY DONT MAKE SENSE! i click on a simple game and all i see is mario getting shot rapidly in the head with a spas-12....

That's why you read reviews before you buy a game, and that's what the summary on the back of the game is for. Why would you buy a game just because the box art is pretty? Furthermore, what kind of game are you playing? Mario being head shot with a SPAS-12? Seriously?

i do check the back...WHO DOESNT???? i upgraded to windows 8 ,and the games are still slow as crap.all i do is buy 1 simple mario game...and it ends up being mario duck hunt....WHAT THE HELL!!!! I gotta say that PC games are a ripoff of your money...AND the fact that are COMPLETE CRAP.....

1. Upgrading your operating system isn't going to help PC performance. You probably need a PC with decent specs.

2. What kind of games are you buying? Sounds like you're buying 50 cent iPhone app games.

3. Really because there are actually tons of great PC games out there.

Examples: Minecraft, Garry's Mod, Arma II/Dayz, Mount and Blade, Civilization V, Planetside 2

Need more to be listed?

i do check the back...WHO DOESNT???? i upgraded to windows 8 ,and the games are still slow as crap.all i do is buy 1 simple mario game...and it ends up being mario duck hunt....WHAT THE HELL!!!! I gotta say that PC games are a ripoff of your money...AND the fact that are COMPLETE CRAP.....
1. What are you talking about? Unless you are referring to ROM's or fan creations, Mario games don't exsist for PC. You're a complete idiot if you are paying for ROM's or fan creations.

2. Upgrading to a new operating system won't affect how well your games play; you have a crappy computer.

3. You most likely go to walmart and pick up $10 PC games, and you are basing your judgement on PC gaming in general upon those.

4. Learn to grammar. Go back through what you posted, and see if it makes sense. "...AND the fact that are COMPLETE CRAP....." You also need learn to capatalize, punctuate, space, and use "..." correctly.

5. You don't need to double quote everything that everyone's ever said in a thread. Only quote what you are replying to please.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. What are you talking about? Unless you are referring to ROM's or fan creations, Mario games don't exsist for PC. You're a complete idiot if you are paying for ROM's or fan creations.

2. Upgrading to a new operating system won't affect how well your games play; you have a crappy computer.

3. You most likely go to walmart and pick up $10 PC games, and you are basing your judgement on PC gaming in general upon those.

4. Learn to grammar. Go back through what you posted, and see if it makes sense. "...AND the fact that are COMPLETE CRAP....." You also need learn to capatalize, punctuate, space, and use "..." correctly.

5. You don't need to double quote everything that everyone's ever said in a thread. Only quote what you are replying to please.

NO. i dont use roms or fan creations.i order disks containing mario games... but thats not a pc game.even though i said pc games are crap....there ok...i guess....BUT! console games are more fun.thats my opinion...so dont try to be a Bomb-omb.

YES.i had this computer since 2009.so it sucks.

NO.i dont get pc games from walmart.i order them from target

WTF.why do you care about my grammar???if your gonna ask someone about their grammar...then ask TUK. GOT IT!

WTF...AGAIN.im quoting the person who quoted someone.HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO STOP THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you judge the games themselves, I agree.

But you must consider that LoL is having 5mil tournaments, and is the most successful free MMO for some time now.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/12/league-of-legends-claims-title-of-most-played-video-game-in-the/

If we think about how much each player gets after they win and after tax deduction it's almost the same amount a SC2 player gets from MLG. And why do you classify LoL as an MMO? Do you mean to classify as a MOBA?

Dota2, LoL, HoN, LoCo and every other MOBA is considered an MMO, as far as I'm concerned.

I mean, I've always seen it classified as an MMO, for example: http://mmohuts.com/featured-games-list/league-of-legends

And even if they're not, they're video games, still related to the topic

Oh, and a player who's team won the tournament, after taxes and all gets 1million, which is still a ton of money.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29574490.jpg

Consoles for exclusives, and PC for everything else!

Anyway, PC for me. The processors and video cards available for PC are far more capable than what's in consoles this gen (and next gen, I expect). Consoles tend to run games at about thirty frames per second (sometimes dipping below that). With a decent GPU, PCs can run games at sixty frames per second, which is ideal. If you bought a very high end PC (and a 120hz monitor so your framerates aren't capped at 60 FPS, like on a 60hz monitor) you can experience 120 FPS; a delightfully smooth experience.

And PC gaming is pretty inexpensive. There are some guides on YouTube to building your own PCs at prices like $400, $600, etc. And then there's Steam. Steam has these sales at times like Halloween and the holidays, where you can get games at 25%, 50%, and even freaking 75% off. Absolutely crazy good deals. During the autumn sales I remember seeing Sonic Generations for $7.49. Sales isn't the only good thing about Steam; it's a nice community where you can post screenshots, showcase mods, gift games to friends, trade items, etc.

And there is certainly no shortage of games. Plenty of exclusives and ports.

EDIT: I also think that for FPS games, the mouse is a much better control option.

Console. Mainly because I don't think anyone can top the PlayStation exclusive titles, but also because I really like been able to chill out in bed and play games with a controller, doesn't feel the same on a PC.

I will always be a PC gamer!

I really can't imagine myself playing with a controller in this life.

I'm more into PC games than console, mainly because of the fact that PC's can be upgraded unlike console and the other thing is that if something breaks on console then that's it unlike PC's.

The ease and stability of consoles can not be matched by PC.

Back