PC Shut down is not the same as restarting?

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
I think most people will need to restart their computer after installing Windows Update, Antivirus upgrades, and other software installs.

Using Shutdown too often may not slowdown Windows much because users would eventually need to restart their PC to install a Windows or software update.

I have always believed that shutting down is better. Now, I know better and will put it into practice.

I know restarting actually installs the updates.

Windows also has this fast startup thing where it really just hibernates it.

Easiest cold boot is to unplug it if it’s a hard box, or shut off fast startup.

I just rely on updates when it gets restarts and that's actually pretty common.

If there are Updates, I tend to Restart but sometimes I click Shut Down if I’m done for the night anyways. I didn’t realize Restarting was actually better than Shutting it down. Good to know!

Shutting down is the ideal option.
Everything needs rest now and then :/ It's better to, not let the system get overheated.

This is something I never knew and I honestly believe that it was the case that shutting down the PC was better than restarting.

Just goes to show how much we are either told or think is right usually isn't and then you have to get into the habit of doing what is better.

This is something I never knew and I honestly believe that it was the case that shutting down the PC was better than restarting.

Just goes to show how much we are either told or think is right usually isn't and then you have to get into the habit of doing what is better.
Tbh, some things used to be true, but is no longer relevant due to updates.

Back