Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from tweaktown:

"Brennan Grignon, the founder of 5M Strategies and a former Defense Department official, said: "There are certain parts of the world where you literally cannot get away from Huawei. The original legislation had very good intentions behind it, but the execution and understanding of the implications of what it would mean, I personally think that wasn't really thought through".

Some suggest the US Department of Defense needs to work quicker, and assertively, to freeze Huawei out of its operations. Clyde Prestowitz, president of the Economic Strategy Institute, said: "I do have some sympathy with the Pentagon guys because they do have a huge network of different things that they have to connect with in the Asia-Pacific region and also in Europe. But they're lazy. For companies in those areas, to have big business with the US Department of the Defense is important. And I feel that we should be taking every step to eliminate Huawei where we can".

Want to back this up and explain what Huawei is and why it needs to be gotten rid of?
They’re a Chinese communications company that manufactures cellphones. I remember there was some big controversy several years back. Something about stealing intellectual property from another cellular company, I think? I don’t remember the details.

They’re a Chinese communications company that manufactures cellphones. I remember there was some big controversy several years back. Something about stealing intellectual property from another cellular company, I think? I don’t remember the details.
Iirc, Chinese products are suspected of having backdoors that beam information from the device back to the Chinese government.

That’s why the DoD prohibits bringing your own devices, and all peripherals and devices in general are provided from DoD approved sources.

Back