Other People now watch 1 billion hours of YouTube videos every day

Danielx64

Credits
In what seems to be an incredible milestone, online video service YouTube has revealed that its users are now watching 1 billion hours of video on its website, as well as the mobile app.

In the latest blog post by Cristos Goodrow, Vice President of Engineering at YouTube, the achievement "represents the enjoyment of the fantastically diverse videos that creative people make every single day." He explains even further:

"If you were to sit and watch a billion hours of YouTube, it would take you over 100,000 years. 100,000 years ago, our ancestors were crafting stone tools and migrating out of Africa while mammoths and mastodons roamed the Earth. If you spent 100,000 years traveling at the speed of light, you could travel from one end of the Milky Way to the other (and you wouldn’t age a day!). And if you searched for 100,000 years on YouTube, you’d find a really killer KISS track."
People now watch 1 billion hours of YouTube videos every day

I wonder how much of that is being watched by gamers who watching let's play videos and such? It would have been nice to see it broken down into what sort of videos are being watched.

But that's an awful lot of hours though.

Last edited:
I admit I watch too much youtube.....

I'm not good with math, but considering that a day has 24 hours and we're 7 and a half billion people, I don't think it's incredibly much...

1 billion hours is quite a lot considering most videos on YouTube aren't that long. Some are just a few seconds long while a few will be 30 minutes long. It's a crazy stat to be honest.

I'm sure I'm part of that problem. I watch too much Youtube as it is. It doesn't help that I've been watching old Nostalgia Critic reviews while playing Zelda.

I'm love gaming and play to much, i often watch videos on youtube, gameplay or reviews, or something more, it's like 2-3 or more hours per day :) and its very good when you are going to sleep,just don't forget Autoplay :)

Back