Other Physical games still preferred by gamers

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
With a generation that started with a big console manufacturer, Xbox, putting a huge focus on digitally purchased games, before making a huge 360 due to backlash, it has been reported that gamers still prefer physical copies.

More and more people are buying digital though, with demand growing 5 per cent.

A recent survey by Broadband Genie found that about 39% of those asked preferred to actually own a hard copy of their purchase whilst only a quarter said they would rather download games.

The other 36% apparently claimed that they didn't mind which format the game came in.

Reasons for the preferred physical copies are due to high level of lag whilst downloading or playing a game when bought digitally. 59% of the people said that they experience lag whilst playing online and downloading new games.

Which format do you prefer and why?

Physical all the way! I do agree that digital is nice but current game system storage and majority of people having failing internet does not support the digital market yet.

Physical all the way! I do agree that digital is nice but current game system storage and majority of people having failing internet does not support the digital market yet.
I think even if these problems were better, people would still prefer to have a collection of games cases and stuff.

I've never been much of a collector so having a physical copy for me never much mattered.

In fact that only times i actually bother to get a physical copy is when I'm running low on memory space.

Much rather have the disc than an electronic copy. Also quicker to go to the store and pick it up than to download. When I get tired of it, I can sell the game if I want.

Back