froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
enjo9.jpg

Pioneer XDP-100R was first shown off at IFA 2015 last month, the music player is housed inside an aluminum shell. It has a 4.7 inch 720p display and 32GB of onboard storage with support for two microSD cards that can expand memory up to 128GB each.

Special attention is paid to ensure that users get a great audio experience, the music player has a separate circuit board for all internal audio components, Pioneer says this will help get rid of the effects of digital noise.

Read more

This does look like a good music player. I like that the audio components are on a seperate circuit board to get rid of digital noise. But, I feel the music player should have at least 128GB onboard storage since it cost $500.

so, this is only a MP3 player?

It can probably do other tasks like watching video, web browsing, and playing games like other Android devices. But, it can't make calls and texts messages because it does not have the phone parts installed on it which is needed to make calls and text.

I agree it is a rip off. I think it would be less of a ripp off if it came with 128-256GB of internal storage, and a Full-Size SD card slot as well.

This player is the same price as the Apple iPod Touch 128GB which uses iOS as its operating system, but does not have a MicroSD Card, and can't make calls and texts as well because it is an iPod. But, the Pioneer MP3 player only has 32GB of Memory card, but it has 2 MicroSD cards to add up to 128GB of extra storage.

But, this device cost less than the Sony Walkman NW-ZX1 which cost $1199.99 , and has only 1 MicroSD card slot and 128GB of internal storage.

This music player does has a separate circuit board for all internal audio components which will help get rid of the effects of digital noise according to Pioneer.

But, I feel you need very good ears, and speakers, or headphones to hear the difference from a phone like the Note 4 which is more worth it if you need a smartphone as well.

I remember Computer users used to complain that sound from the onboard sound chips on motherboard does not sound as good as a dedicated sound card like a PCI Creative Audigy Sound Blaster card install on a PCI Slot because of electrical interference from the motherboard, CPU and other things on the motherboard. Audio chips on onboard sound on the motherboard are also usually not as good sounding.

I think if this Pioneer player has a separate higher quality sound card like the Creative Audigy Sound Blaster, the sound quality maybe better than most smartphones and tablets which use onboard sound.

I remember Computer users used to complain that sound from the onboard sound chips on motherboard does not sound as good as a dedicated sound card like a PCI Creative Audigy Sound Blaster card install on a PCI Slot because of electrical interference from the motherboard, CPU and other things on the motherboard. Audio chips on onboard sound on the motherboard are also usually not as good sounding.

I think if this Pioneer player has a separate higher quality sound card like the Creative Audigy Sound Blaster, the sound quality maybe better than most smartphones and tablets which use onboard sound.

I think that is an old standard, I hear no difference between my PC speakers, creative sound bar to my car speakers for the same song. If people are really hearing a difference, then they have the volume turned up way to high.

I think that is an old standard, I hear no difference between my PC speakers, creative sound bar to my car speakers for the same song. If people are really hearing a difference, then they have the volume turned up way to high.

There maybe a difference in sound quality when you player higher quality music files like FLAC, uncompressed Wav, or CD Audio.

I notice sometimes computers with higher quality PCI expansion card and USB external sound cards have louder and more realistic sound even when the volume on the speakers are turned down to a lower volume, but the onboard sound on the motherboard does not sound as good as a higher quality standalone sound card or external USB sound card made by Creative, Asus, M-Audio, C-Media, etc.

I feel very high quality computer and electronic audio is becoming less popular these days because people are too used to listening to free lower bitrate MP3 files which they downloaded from a website instead of ripping a CD to a higher quality file Format like FLAC, and many people use speakers which came with their desktop or laptop and onboard sound cards which are not as high quality, but good enough for casual music listening.

I'm not sure how they can, once I listened to high quality I can't stand poor low quality music.

A lot of people listen to free music which they downloaded for free from websites or streamed for free on Myspace, YouTube and Facebook, internet radio, or cheap streaming music on sites which cost a few dollars a month to stream music to you.

I think many people care less about the sound quality of the music if it is free, or cheap unlike people who buy Music CDs, Kareoke, and musical DVDs and Blu-Ray discs where sound quality is very important because each Music CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray can cost $20 or more, and CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray disc have enough storage space on them to record hundreds of MBs to many GBs of high quality music.

Back