Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Normally when I want to make a social commentary or take a jab at something news worthy I'll craftily do it in one of my articles, typically in a manner that involves obscure references and clever wording. However, not everyone wants to be as super-stealthy as yours truly, and one group or individual has gone as far as to create a faux website to make a point; in this case, defending The Pirate Bay.

It appears that at least one irate user isn't too pleased with the recent conviction of the popular BitTorrent engine's creators, and has decided to come to their aid by making a simple and effective demonstration via ThePirateGoogle.com, a single page website that features a Google-based custom search tool where you can search for torrent files. The sentiment suggested by The Pirate Google is that any search engine can be used to find illegal copyrighted content, and therefor should not be held accountable.

The site features a disclaimer that states that it was "created in support of an open, neutral internet accessible and equitable to all regardless of political or financial standing." After which, he then he signs it "Cheers", which means he's probably either from the UK or a huge fan of Ted Danson.

more here

yarrrr! this be something alright!

Back