Playstation 3 gets the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy...

Yoshi64Mario

Player of all consoles!
Awards
Credits
...Finishing off several series of its classic PS2 games. Ratchet and Clank where the most recent, and potentially last to get a refurbishment, of PS2's notable heroes that aren't on other consoles. The first series was Sly the Raccoon, and second was Jak and Daxter.

Jak and Daxter and Sly Raccoon still do not have a proper, NEW PS3 game since the console was released. Including the three games in the trilogy, Ratchet and Clank already have a whopping 7 adventures, those of the first trilogy, the 'Future' trilogy, and All 4 One. Taking out the original games they still have four more then the others.

Now I see this as a good thing. I was hoping that if Sly got a release we might get a Jak and Daxter, and since we got both of THOSE I hoped for a Ratchet and Clank remake. It's good to see, given that most (especially the newest consoles) PS3 systems can't play PS2 discs.

Although this is something I'll enjoy, there's still a few arguments that still remain and until they get addressed Sony still has a long way to go.

Firstly, why did several of the very first PS3's get PS2 compatibility? Why do the newer PS3's, for some stupid reason, still have the ability to make virtual PS2 memory cards that are only good if we can use the games?

And why, for goodness's sake, does Australia still not have the first three Spyro games???

Back