Playstation 4 has been jailbroken?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Bit old now, but apparently a kernel exploit was found for this stuff:

https://twitter.com/CTurtE/status/673581693207502849

So yeah, thoughts? And for any PS4 owners, has this been patched yet?
I wonder if that means people can finally hack PS4 games and ripped the character models and environments from the game alone... Like J-Star Victory Vs+ or the new Godzilla game for PS4. Or better yet, that new Attack on Titan game that's being made from the ground up for PS4. The possibilities are endless. Hell maybe hack that new One Piece: Burning Blood fighting game that features Gear 4th Luffy as a playable character. :)

Hmm, nifty. I don't like messing about with consoles that are current though, especially one like a PS4 of Xbox One that relies so heavily on being connected to the net. Don't want to get kicked from the services!

Hmm, nifty. I don't like messing about with consoles that are current though, especially one like a PS4 of Xbox One that relies so heavily on being connected to the net. Don't want to get kicked from the services!
You can always change your IP address if that were to happen? lol

You can always change your IP address if that were to happen? lol
I'm fairly certain they'd do an account ban on you, and since there's no way to change an account name or whatever on Playstation... Not to mention potentially losing access to the store. And then the hassle of being unable to download updates to your system at all, meaning you would quickly get locked out of current games that require them.

Back