Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Sony announced via the blog today, PlayStation 4 update 4.50 which has a number of new features, which one of them is finally support for external hard drives. Meaning you can expand your storage without opening your PS4 or buying Nyko's data bank.

The external support connects via USB 3.0 port and supports hard drives of up to 8 terabytes. Other updates include custom wallpapers, Quick Menu overhaul, and simplified notifications. This is all currently in beta meaning the actual feature won't be available for public use for several months yet.

and if you're like me who just bought a 2 TB internet HDD, you're crying. If you're Nyko that just made a new data bank for PS4 Pro, they are also crying.

Who plans on expanding their storage?

Being an early user of a console can sometimes be disappointing because you end up upgrading your hard drive, and latter find out that an update could let you use your external hard drive which you already own to store your games, and files.

I wonder if Sony will ever release an external storage update for the PS3 since the PS3 still have a lot of users, and external storage is a useful feature for people who still own a PS3 with 120GB or less storage, and people who are still using their PS3 fat console with the 20GB or 60GB drive.

Being an early user of a console can sometimes be disappointing because you end up upgrading your hard drive, and latter find out that an update could let you use your external hard drive which you already own to store your games, and files.

I wonder if Sony will ever release an external storage update for the PS3 since the PS3 still have a lot of users, and external storage is a useful feature for people who still own a PS3 with 120GB or less storage, and people who are still using their PS3 fat console with the 20GB or 60GB drive.

I doubt it, I'm not even sure if Sony still makes PS3 systems to even support them.

I doubt it, I'm not even sure if Sony still makes PS3 systems to even support them.

The PS3 may still be popular and being made for developing countries with more poor to lower-middle class people like Brazil and Mexico where more people can afford a PS3, but can't afford a PS4, and PSN Plus.

I think adding external storage to the PS3 maybe a good idea, and increase the number of sales for digital games from people with an older PS3 with less storage space like 80GB.

The PS3 may still be popular and being made for developing countries with more poor to lower-middle class people like Brazil and Mexico where more people can afford a PS3, but can't afford a PS4, and PSN Plus.

I think adding external storage to the PS3 maybe a good idea, and increase the number of sales for digital games from people with an older PS3 with less storage space like 80GB.

they may make a stock pile for the 2nd world countries, but I'm sure all production is on PS4.

Glad this is the case. I'll buy an external hard drive rather than upgrade the one inside. That way I have more control over size of the hard drive because it doesn't have to be 2.5".

Also regarding your replies, I was pretty sure PS3 has allowed external hard drives for ages?

Glad this is the case. I'll buy an external hard drive rather than upgrade the one inside. That way I have more control over size of the hard drive because it doesn't have to be 2.5".

Also regarding your replies, I was pretty sure PS3 has allowed external hard drives for ages?

At least with my way my PS4 still looks nice :p

also PS3 allows everything on external but game data.

Back