Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Update:

The PlayStation Portal will be released globally on Wednesday, November 15.

The new PlayStation handheld device, formerly known as Project Q, has been named PlayStation Portal, and it will be available for $199.99 later this year.

The PlayStation Portal's limited functionality may cause many gamers to disregard it out of the gate, but there could very well be some out there that want to stream games from their PS5 to a handheld within the household only. The device includes all the fancy gimmicks found in the PS5 DualSense controller, and boasts an 8-inch LCD screen that supports 1080p resolution and up to 60fps. After connecting the PlayStation Portal to a PS5 over Wi-Fi, gamers will be able to stream most of the console's games to the handheld, minus PlayStation VR2 titles or games that are being streamed through PS Plus Premium.

Last edited:
I think there would be a high possibility that people might try to play it with interest and then sell it disappointedly.
However, undeniably, I am indeed very interested in this device.

If it ever gets a massive discount then I'll consider it. But I'm not paying a lot for a device that can only stream games over the Wi-Fi

I wouldn't want this even as a gift.

I also won't want this as a gift as well.

There are already small portable TV for game consoles which let gamers turn their console into a game console laptop which let people play games away from home as long as they have a electricity plug to power the folding style TV and console.

I imagine people with slow or unreliable Wi-Fi may have lag problems when streaming games to the PS5 Portal.

The biggest problem with it is that you can only use it if you already own a PS5. If I already own one, I don't need this. I would be better off getting Backbone or a Steam Deck. The latter can do everything this can independent of having to own a Playstation as well as run many original exclusives locally like Spiderman and God of War. Not worth it to me personally.

The biggest problem with it is that you can only use it if you already own a PS5. If I already own one, I don't need this. I would be better off getting Backbone or a Steam Deck. The latter can do everything this can independent of having to own a Playstation as well as run many original exclusives locally like Spiderman and God of War. Not worth it to me personally.

Be a lot better off getting a steam deck really.

Be a lot better off getting a steam deck really.
I think so, honestly. Or just keep playing the Playstation you already had to have in order to use this.

Back