Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
full

Got an exact release date, October 13, 2016 pending delays and stock upkeep.

The one thing that will probably make many gamers unwilling to try VR is the fact that at the present it still quite expensive. I suppose though since it is being heavily marketed and it's easier these days to get people to believe rumors which might not be true, curiosity will get the better of many gamers and they may save enough money to buy a VR headset — just for testing.

But I won't be one of those gamers who'll be taken in by VR hype. It will take a few years before VR technology is perfected and almost as much time before prices start dropping. That will be the time I'll buy the best, cheapest VR headset.

As for Playstation VR I might get to test if one of my friends who is a hardcore PS gamer buys the headset.

The HUGE benefit for the future of VR is that there is a massive customer base who already owns a PS4. Sony shipped almost 36M consoles in 2015 alone, so the customer base has to be close to 100 million consoles worldwide at this point. Also, there is already a 'sunk cost' involved as most people have put down $400-$500 already to by the console and another $700-$1000 for games and accessories. When compared to this outlay, another $400 will seem to not be particularly excessive. The Kinect hasn't done too badly (over 24,000,000 homes as of 2013) but it required a lot of storage space at the time (I think ~190MB) and it is showing its age at this time. I think the next generation of Xbox (Xbox One S) won't even have a Kinect port so .. onwards and upwards.

Back