Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Thanks to leaked scans from Japan's CoroCoro magazine, we already knew that Pokémon Rumble was heading to Wii U's eShop. What we didn't know was that Pikachu's first HD adventure will be taking a page out of the Skylanders book - and will also be the first game to make use of the system's NFC features.

Called Pokémon Rumble U, this downloadable title will feature all 649 pocket monsters battling it out, probably in a similar fashion to the last two games. As many gamers speculated when the Wii U's NFC tech was first announced, you'll be able to purchase Pokémon figurines, then place them on the NFC pad and have them appear in the game. It's similar to how the popular Skylanders series works, except you won't need a special accessory to link your figures with the game. You'll also be able to level up your characters and record battle information on the toys themselves.

It reveals that the first set of 'mon you'll be able to get your hands on will consist of Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Torchic, Piplup, Lucario, Victini and one secret character, according to Kotaku. As this is specifically referred to as the first set, expect more to follow in the future.
A carry case for your crew has also been revealed, looking suspiciously like a lunch box. It'll set you back ¥780 (£5.40/$8.00) while the toys will cost ¥200 each (£1.40/$2.00).

There's one other bit of news too: the toys will be sold in blind capsules, meaning you won't actually know which toy you're buying. It's not too surprising giving the onus the series places on trading with friends to catch 'em all, but it certainly doesn't bode well for your wallet. Who knows though, maybe this will be changed if the game gets a Western release?

more here

I know some people who have skylanders, man is that isn't just milking a cash cow I don't know what is.

There's only two Skylander's games. The toys are definitely milking it though. I want to get it soon. It looks like a lot of fun.

Back