Pokemon X and Y Tournaments!

Are you going to play this week?

• Total voters

Mother/EarthBound Collection

Greatest Mother/EarthBound Fan & Influencer
Awards
Credits
Matches will be specified as we proceed through cups. Matches shall be scheduled every other night, often more than one at a time. 8 - 32 people can participate! To compete in the tournament, simply state your name in reply to this topic, or you can PM me about it. I will then list your name like this.

1. Mother/EarthBound Collection [Reggie] (FC: 5043-1499-5753)

2. Jorlon [Jorlon] (FC: 0404-5910-3911)

3. Hellfire [Angus] (FC: 2921-9167-6685)

4. Telos (FC: 3523-2210-5040)

5. SonicvMario (FC: 0388-0195-6636)

6. Cipher Vistra (FC: 4038-6222-6181)

7. Porkman [Juan] (FC: (2020-1041-1749)

8. Link40k [Link] (FC: 3866-8990-1817)

9. DarkSupahSonicFan (FC: 3609-1491-0295)

10. Fuzzii (FC: 2492 4349 9400)

11. starmario12 (FC: 5112-3420-9544)

12. Vincerific [Vierna] (FC: 3539-9231-4343)

13. SouthTex_Smoke [Smoke} (FC: 2234-8505-4921)

Please note that if your name is listed here, you are an OVERALL tournament competitor, not required to play every cup.

You notice that I put the FCs as well? Your FC is required. Play pay attention to the poll of this topic. Re-vote every week so I can justify participation! The due date for your votes is exactly 1 day before the week's cup starts. IMPORTANT!!!

There are only few set tournament rules.

1. Do not use all legends or hackmons. (Rule 1 will be switched with these rules: IMPORTANT! New rules are here: http://www.smogon.com/bw/banlist/ ONLY THE CLAUSE DEFINITIONS SECTION! These are the new banned Pokemon http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/uber all of this is with the following additions, Additional Pokemon bans: all remaining legends you don't see in the Uber list! This change will go in effect on November 27, 2013. So FOLLOW THOSE LINKS!!!

2. If you get disconnected during a scheduled battle, you can either try to battle again immediately afterwards, or have it on a different tournament day.

3. If you lose once (other than Rule 4), you are eliminated until the next cup the very next week.

4. Third place is decided by a 1 Vs. 1 match between the two people who lost against the 1st and 2nd place winners during the Semi-Finals.

If you break rules 1 or 2, your opponent will win by default and you will be banned until next week.

That being said, there are no battle hosts. Just do your battle and the both of you tell me who won and if anyone broke any rules via PM or Shout Box. If neither player has the same story, I will just ignore the both of you and completely toss the very existence of your battle.

I do take battle requests (only for the first rounds) and battle time requests of a 30 minute span. If battles go longer than 30 minutes, it's ok. We will go overtime. The battles are decided just like World Cups in sports.

I will keep all matches organized with my expert scheduling. Til then, sign up to battle Pokemon pros and nos, review this topic, and check for important messages here!

The tournament begins Wednesday, November 6 2013

America & Canada EST: 4:00 PM

Pacific Time: 1:00 PM

Europe: 9:00 PM

and will also be held on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at the same time as Wednesdays.

Friday, EST:

4:00 PM - 4:30 PM: Jorlon Vs. Fuzzii

4:35 PM - 5:05 PM: Vincerific Vs. SouthTex_Smoke

Friday, Pacific

1:00 PM - 1:30 PM: Jorlon Vs. Fuzzii

1:35 PM - 2:05 PM: Vincerific Vs. SouthTex_Smoke

Friday, Europe

9:00 PM - 9:30 PM: Jorlon Vs. Fuzzii

9:35 PM - 10:05 PM: Vincerific Vs. SouthTex_Smoke

Cup types:

1 Vs. 1: Simple matches where trainers can use any level of Pokemon in their team

Number of Players

Two-Player Match

Battle Format

Single Battle

Battle Rules

Normal Rules

Handicap off

Double Finish: 1 Vs. 1 matches where you use 2 Pokemon at a time to beat your opponent

Number of Players

Two-Player Match

Battle Format

Double Battle

Battle Rules

Normal Rules

Handicap off

Triple Finish: 1 Vs. 1 matches where you use 3 Pokemon at a time to beat your opponent

Number of Players

Two-Player Match

Battle Format

Triple Battle

Battle Rules

Normal Rules

Handicap off

2 Vs. 2: Team battles. Choose who you want to team up with on the forums and use any levels of Pokemon

Number of Players

Four-Player Match

Battle Format

Double Battle

Battle Rules

Normal Rules

Handicap off

Power House: Ignoring rule 1, these 1 Vs. 1 matches use only legends and Mega Evolutions, nothing else

Number of Players

Two-Player Match

Battle Format

Single Battle

Battle Rules

No Restrictions

Handicap off

Team Power House: Ignoring rule 1, these 2 Vs. 2 team matches use only legends and Mega Evolutions, nothing else

Number of Players

Two-Player Match

Battle Format

Single Battle

Battle Rules

No Restrictions

Handicap off

Winner's Choice: The player who came in 3rd the previous cup gets to choose what cup now

Current matchups

Jorlon

-----> Jorlon

DarkSupahSonicFan

-----> Jorlon

starmario12

-----> Vincerific

Vincerific

-----> Winner

SonicvMario

-----> SouthTex_Smoke

SouthTex_Smoke

-----> Fuzzii

Fuzzii

-----> Fuzzii

Telos

First place: Winner of the cup - 20 points (20 each if team)

Second Place: Runner Up - 10 points (10 each if team)

Third Place: The 2 people/teams who lost to the 1st and 2nd place winners face off for third place title - 5 points (5 each if team)

Cup 1 (1 Vs. 1) Winners:

1st: Fuzzii - 20

2nd: Vincerific - 10

3rd: starmario12 (default win) - 5

Cup 2 (1 Vs. 1) Winners:

1st: Fuzzii - 20

2nd: Jorlon - 10

3rd: Vincerific - 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude I like this idea! Sounds fun, but isn't it still too early for this?

Dude I like this idea! Sounds fun, but isn't it still too early for this?

of course not. plus the tournaments will last a very long time, so everyone that's even planning to buy it will have the opportunity.

fine. i'll make it 3 weeks after.

Much better :) My FC is 0404-5910-3911. This shall be fun.

yes it shall! the date now is more time to balance everything and get all of your Pokemon leveled up. :grin:

So we can use EV trained Pokemon, correct? If that's the case, I'll think about joining this tourney.

Why wouldn't you be able to use EV trained Pokemon? :)

So we can use EV trained Pokemon, correct? If that's the case, I'll think about joining this tourney.

Why wouldn't you be able to use EV trained Pokemon? :)
Just a harmless question.

nice. so we have 3 competitors so far. I think Smoke wants to, but he needs to say "SouthTex_Smoke ****-****-****" like everyone is supposed to.

I'd like to participate for this upcoming tournament. My FC is 2492 4349 9400

Can shinies be used?

See no reason why not good luck catching some :)

as of right now, Jorlon and SonicvMario will be going against each other. unless you would like to request a battle against someone else on the participation list.

I'm bad at Pokemon games, can I go against someone else?

3 things. how do you know Jorlon isn't bad too? this is a good time to get good at Pokemon. and wait a bit, if you see no improvement in battle, we can pit you against someone else.

Back