Pokemon X&Y E3 Trailer And Worldwide Release Date

Lleyn

Beep
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EXS2KVVRVfI

Can't say I'm a fan of the Pokemon Amie feature, but I guess some will be pleased by it.

And the worldwide release date has been announced to be the 12th October 2013.

Fairy types? Dragon users are going to rage.

I also see they ripped off the KH 3D like system.

I would like to see if we could travel to different regions when they will try adding dlc. Also if they will make another application for transferring pokemon from old games to x and y. Don't want to start all over again with a new team :(

The graphics look pretty good, makes me want to play it on a bigger screen... oh wait, that's FORBIDDEN! The pokémon-amie stuff looks insanely stupid, I wish they'd quit wasting development time on stuff where you put ribbons on pokémon and put them in beauty contests, and pet them, etc. I just have a tough time imagine anyone is really looking for that kind of thing, but hey what do I know. I just feel like they make basically the same pokémon game over and over, swap out the pokémon for new ones, then the things they add and brag about being new are all worthless features like pokémon-amie. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to try this game though.

What the heck is that Pokemon-amie? Looks so silly...  Well, I guess I'm too old for this stuff now and if I were 12 years old or younger I guess that'd be a fun feature. Ah well, I haven't been too keen on pokemon as of late anyways and I don't think I'll be missing too much if I skip right on by this one. 

daenerys said:
The graphics look pretty good, makes me want to play it on a bigger screen... oh wait, that's FORBIDDEN! The pokémon-amie stuff looks insanely stupid, I wish they'd quit wasting development time on stuff where you put ribbons on pokémon and put them in beauty contests, and pet them, etc. I just have a tough time imagine anyone is really looking for that kind of thing, but hey what do I know. I just feel like they make basically the same pokémon game over and over, swap out the pokémon for new ones, then the things they add and brag about being new are all worthless features like pokémon-amie. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to try this game though.
I wouldn't call it worthless. There are actually A LOT of people that will enjoy the Pokemon Amie feature. Kids that know nothing of Pokemon battles or even types and weaknesses (we were all once one of those) will most likely find this feature enjoyable. All they are doing is trying to reach a larger audience.

The only way this could go wrong is if this feature was necessary to advance in the game.
But it most likely wont be the case, so if you don't like it you can just act like it doesn't exist.

I used to be a massive fan of Pokemon games, until I downloaded Pokemon Black for my laptop. I installed a Nintendo DS Emulator, and I was playing through the game, and I just could not get into it. I think it had something to do with the new  3D feature. it made watching the screen weird for me. I have enjoyed every Pokemon game before that, and I have completed every Pokemon game before that too. After Black I told myself that I was done with the Pokemon games.

But that was before I saw this trailer. They have truly revamped a lot of stuff this time. Usually it is the same storyline, with a few more Pokemon added to the roster for each game, and the names of Team Rocket changes and the professors, but that is about it. Looks great.

Been playing pokemon since the first region, Kanto. Can't say I'm fully excited for this release. Like Dreek said, I just can't get into the newer pokemon games already. I don't know if it's the age...or the game, lol, but I'll definitely still be looking out for the new series.

First off- Pokemon-Amie is something I'm very excited for. I know it seems kind of lame, but that kind of slight hint of immersion is what makes pokemon special to me. I don't really care about min-maxing my top 6 pokemon, or speeding through the game(Though I have taken a crack at some pokemon speedruns, they are kind of fun).

I've been playing pokemon since I pokemon Blue came out, trading with my brother's Red (sometimes when he is not aware of it). Every single generation, and every single pokemon game, has been about immersion to me. Living it out in a fantasy world of companions that I can directly improve is pretty ideal. That being said, I may have some trouble adjusting to the new graphic style. And I most definitely will not be using the 3D feature (My eyes bug out almost immediately with Luigi's Mansion). 

Also, a quick note: Fairy type? It seems sort of silly. Is Dragon no longer effective against Dragon now? Time will tell.

Dreek Lass said:
I used to be a massive fan of Pokemon games, until I downloaded Pokemon Black for my laptop. I installed a Nintendo DS Emulator, and I was playing through the game, and I just could not get into it. I think it had something to do with the new  3D feature. it made watching the screen weird for me. I have enjoyed every Pokemon game before that, and I have completed every Pokemon game before that too. After Black I told myself that I was done with the Pokemon games.

But that was before I saw this trailer. They have truly revamped a lot of stuff this time. Usually it is the same storyline, with a few more Pokemon added to the roster for each game, and the names of Team Rocket changes and the professors, but that is about it. Looks great.
dreyz said:
Been playing pokemon since the first region, Kanto. Can't say I'm fully excited for this release. Like Dreek said, I just can't get into the newer pokemon games already. I don't know if it's the age...or the game, lol, but I'll definitely still be looking out for the new series.
The biggest problem with Pokemon Black/White was that they put too much work in the story. As a result the game got way too easy to complete.
The only parts where the game got hard were:
1. Catching some legendaries
2. Rematching the E4
3. Cynthia

In most of the other Pokemon games I've played so far I've had to grind at least a little to be able to beat the E4 or some gym leaders.

themubs said:
First off- Pokemon-Amie is something I'm very excited for. I know it seems kind of lame, but that kind of slight hint of immersion is what makes pokemon special to me. I don't really care about min-maxing my top 6 pokemon, or speeding through the game(Though I have taken a crack at some pokemon speedruns, they are kind of fun).

I've been playing pokemon since I pokemon Blue came out, trading with my brother's Red (sometimes when he is not aware of it). Every single generation, and every single pokemon game, has been about immersion to me. Living it out in a fantasy world of companions that I can directly improve is pretty ideal. That being said, I may have some trouble adjusting to the new graphic style. And I most definitely will not be using the 3D feature (My eyes bug out almost immediately with Luigi's Mansion). 

Also, a quick note: Fairy type? It seems sort of silly. Is Dragon no longer effective against Dragon now? Time will tell.
There is no reason for which Dragon type attacks wouldn't be effective against Dragon type Pokemons anymore. Unless I'm mistaken this weakness was based on the Dragon Folklore that the best way to kill a dragon is with another dragon.

Doesn't look too bad. I won't be buying it, but I try to keep informed about the new Pokemon releases in the hopes that one day they will release an expansive Pokemon experience. Think Skyrim meets Pokemon. I'm not sure the Wii U would be up for such a challenge in terms of graphics and what have you, but I'd be all over a Wii U if they ever developed a new realistic Pokemon game. 

Dr23 said:
Doesn't look too bad. I won't be buying it, but I try to keep informed about the new Pokemon releases in the hopes that one day they will release an expansive Pokemon experience. Think Skyrim meets Pokemon. I'm not sure the Wii U would be up for such a challenge in terms of graphics and what have you, but I'd be all over a Wii U if they ever developed a new realistic Pokemon game. 
I think you may be looking at the pokemon franchise with the wrong hopes. I don't ever expect such a thing to exist, and I don't really view pokemon as a 'restricted' game. It forces linearity at the beginning of the game, but once the story is accomplished you're free to do what you will. That being said, Skyrim does have a very appealing setting and freedom. Unfortunately, when I compare the played time of skyrim to that of pokemon, Or even the entire TES series(Started at morrowind) compared to pokemon, Pokemon wins out by a landslide. For me, there is more challenge in pokemon and more choices that I can readily make than in Skyrim: perhaps a case of "too free".

Either way, a game you described would be wonderful for the gaming community. Maybe a different franchise would fit it better, though.

Imo fairy type being strong against dragon type is pretty lame, but other than that the game looks like it could be awesome.

Looking really good and the new Fairy type pokemon really caught me off guard, let's see if they will add even more types in later games. And the 3D graphics really look nice on the handheld.

Memento Mori said:
Instead of Fairy type they could have named it something like the "Light" or "Deity" type.
Fairy just sounds weird.
I really like the 'Light' type, it was what me and my friends discussed it being after seeing Fairy.The problem is Fairy doesn't really describe a type, like Grass does. It describes an idea. Same with ghost, I guess, but ghost sounds cooler.

themubs said:
I really like the 'Light' type, it was what me and my friends discussed it being after seeing Fairy.The problem is Fairy doesn't really describe a type, like Grass does. It describes an idea. Same with ghost, I guess, but ghost sounds cooler.
I think it makes sense for clefairy, clefable, jigglypuff, wigglytuff, and celebi...they're very fairy-like.
But I don't think they should add a new type to old pokemon at the same time...It's like saying "We've known these things existed for years, but suddenly we've decided to give them a classification name that for some reason we didn't do before even though they have things in common"
It would be like labeling half the mammals on the planet as some sort of new genus.

Back