Post Your Team / Team Rating Topic

Magikarp Ownd

Do you know who ate all the donuts?
Awards
Credits
The first N3DSC Rate My Team Topic. It's pretty simple: Want to share your team? Want to see how to fix your team's problems? Post your team here and receive feedback! As of when this thread was posted, the game has only come out in Japan, so Gen IV teams are probably going to be posted until the games actually come out; don't feel like you have to hold your teams until Gen V is released either though.

If you don't know how you should format your team, here's an example of what's pretty standard:

[Pokemon]Lv. 12 Snivy, AKA Priss @ [Item]Nothing
[Ability]Overgrow - [Nature]Timid
[EV's (Optional)]Unknown
[Moveset]
-Wrap
-Leer
-Vine Whip
-Tackle

Yooterii, AKA Rufus @ Whatever he picks up
Pickup - Bashful
-Tackle
-Cheer Up
-Bite
-Helping Hand

Hiyappu, AKA Ook @ Nothing
Gluttony - Adamant
-Water Gun
-Lick
-Scratch
-Leer

Good Luck with the Teams!

Bump in case anybody feels giddy enough to. I'll post my tournament team.

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Timid / Hydration
252 Speed / 248 Sp Attack / 8 HP
-Encore
-Bug Buzz
-Spikes
-Me First

Accentor that can counter most common leads. If I figure they are going to set up entry hazards, I'll use encore and switch in something to set up. Me first is useful for Machamp leads that think they can Dynamic Punch me, and Bug Buzz OHKOs most lead Drought Ninetales. If any pokes with Prankster come in, I can usually Me First whatever they are going to do then set up some spikes.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Calm / Levitate
252 HP / 152 Def / 100 Sp Def / 4 Sp Attack
-Psycho Shift
-Rest
-Solar Beam
-Sleep Talk

The job of this Cresselia is to shift status to open up a window for other Pokes to set up. First, use Rest and get FULL HP, then use Sleep Talk to shift my sleep status to the opponent, and then switch out. Note that Solar Beam cannot be selected by Sleep Talk, so Psycho Shift is chosen practically every time. If the need arises, I can use Solar Beam to do some damage. This set is extremely hard to counter and has saved me many times.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant / Justified
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extreme Speed
-Stone Edge

Set Up Sweeper 1. One Swords Dance can 6-0 somebody. Extreme speed makes Lucario immune to any revenge killers, and Close Combat + Stone Edge hits a lot of Pokemon hard. If it gets in trouble, Cresselia can come in and either scare whatever out or put them to sleep. With at least 2 layers of Spikes, Lucario can OHKO a Max HP / 0 Def Blissey with 1 one Swords Dance Boost, and can threaten a Hippowdon with 2 boosts.

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Adamant / Sheer Force
252 Attack / 116 Speed / 140 HP
-Flare Blitz
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Super Power

Choice Band Darmanitan wrecks shop. With a massive 416 Attack, a Choice Band, and STAB Flare Blitz at 140 base power boosted by Sheer Force, there is a small amount of Pokemon that can survive a hit from it. U-Turn provides a method of escape and scouting whenever needed, and Stone Edge and Super Power round out the coverage. The Speed let's Darmanitan outspeed most base 105 speed's that invest minimally in speed. The HP is for bulk, but most things that are going to be revenge killing it are going to have to face my Cresselia, so it's just reassurance.

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Modest / Natural Cure
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

If any Jellicent / Ferrothorn or Blissey / Skarmory / Gyarados defensive cores show up, Starmie is going to be a huge help in fighting them. Burungeru, Skarmory, and Gyarados are solved with Thunderbolt, leaving the defensive cores open to attack from other sweepers. This team also would have a little trouble with entry hazards, so I needed a spinner as well. Recover helps with Starmie's longetivity, and Surf for obligatory STAB. Starmie also has great offensive psenergy with Darmanitan and Lucario, and the three can take out each other's counters.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Levitate
252 HP / 104 Sp Atk / 50 Def / 50 Sp Def
-Trick
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Pain Split

Semi-standard Trick Scarfer with Pain Split. Just to help Starmie take out any Defensive cores or stallers, and also a good Revenge Killer with solid defenses. Pain Split helps combat Blissey and Gliscor when they become trouble, and Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt are obligatory STAB. Too bad Rotoms aren't Ghost any more, because a spin blocker could be so useful.

Porygon 2 @ Eviolite
Modest / Trace
252 HP / 100 Def / 100 Sp Def / 56 Sp Atk
-Recover
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Thunder Wave

Porygon 2 is the perfect counter to Pokemon like Heatean, Jolteon, Salamence, and many other Pokemon who suffer greatly when their own abilities are used against them. Porygon 2 really ties the team together and can take out any other problems that arent solved by any of my other pokes.

Overall, this team made 1st, 2nd, and 5th in three different tournaments, and I am retiring it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back