Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Last year Sony spent a pretty penny on buying Gaikai and now the fruits of their purchase have been announced.

Sony calls Gaikai, "the fastest most powerful network for gaming in the world." The plan is for Gaikai to allow you to explore any PS4 game. You'll be able to instantly experience anything you want, trying it for free, sharing it if you want to and purchasing things you fall in love with. Gaikai and Sony are also partnering with UStream.

Your friends will be able to interact with you while you're using the Gaikai service, posting comments to your screen while you're playing, or perhaps even providing in-game help.

The PlayStation Cloud service with Gaikai is also being used to allow you to play games from previous generations. Sony intends on rolling out the service in phases, but the plan is to allow backwards compatibility via streaming over time. The service is slated to work with PS4, PS3, Vita and some smartphones and tablets.

source

Sounds nice.

GracefulAssassin said:
:o Nintendo is definitely going to lead the 8th generation. ^_^
Fixed. Nintendo is staying true to the business model which is most likely to be the most lucrative: games. Home media centers will soon be obsolete due to a little thing called SmartTV.

Well considering the Wii U is failing miserably, and is only 7th gen, I'd say Sony has a pretty good lead already. You know your console sucks when it's barely hitting 30K worldwide a week, and the Vita is doing 70K, and selling more in Japan than the Wii U does worldwide. If you guys don't wanna listen to fact, that's not my problem, but know this, you are wrong. Nintendo has minimal chance of success with the Wii U at this point. I kind of regret buying one.

And Nintendo's business model at this point is probably "How do we not go bankrupt because of the Wii U?"

Back