PlayStation - PS4 in final stage of lifecycle

PlayStation PS4 in final stage of lifecycle

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by IntoxNitram, May 22, 2018.

1. IntoxNitram

IntoxNitram GamingLatest Slave Staff Member Administrator

Male
  2. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

I'm not surprised to hear or think that PS5 is under development, sad to hear that they view the PS4 is entering its final life cycle stage, specially since I've just started to dip my toes into the system's game pool.

3. cm2

cm2 Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $9,704
    Doesn't matter entering final life cycle or no, as long as the great games for the system are still coming.

4. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

That's the thing, makers are sure to start shifting to PS5 development.

5. cm2

Male
    Money:
    $9,704
    True that would definitely happen, but by that time, the Ps4's amount of good/great games would already be significant or quite significant I reckon. At the very least they would do 2 versions of the game early on sort of like P5 still got the PS3 version along with the Ps4 version.

6. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

This is true, my backlog is big enough that I could do without anymore PS4 releases.

7. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Money:
    $35,853
    I wonder if this means there would be no more new versions of the PS4 like a faster version of the PS4 Pro which comes with faster parts like a SSD drive, faster and more RAM, and a faster CPU and Video chip.

8. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

The fact we got one was a bit too much, no way would they release another.

9. froggyboy604

Money:
    $35,853
    I think if older console parts are harder to find, Sony may release a better PS4 and PS4 Pro.

The PS4 and Xbox One mostly use PC parts to build their console. Finding older PC parts, and hiring a company to make old PC parts can be harder and expensive because fewer PC parts companies are making as many older and slower parts because there are not as many buyers who want to buy slower PC parts. Slower and Old PC parts can be kind of expensive because they are rare.

Sony may release another PS4 to earn more money, and make PS4 4K games run at 60 frames per second and faster, and have better video quality settings which are more realistic.

10. cm2

Male
    Money:
    $9,704
    I think so too.

11. kingcool52

kingcool52 Avid Gamer Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $1,178
    They need to slow the hell down. The PS4 still feels relatively new, we don't need a new console for a few years still.

12. froggyboy604

Money:
    $35,853
    I agree, the PS4 still feels pretty new since the PS4 Pro was release not too long ago, and the games look good.

13. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

I agree.

14. froggyboy604

Money:
    $35,853
    Its too bad that the Playstation 4 does not have a USB-C or similar port which let users plug in an external video card to make the graphics look better after plugging in a USB-C external video card.

15. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

I don't think USB-C is needed yet for gaming consoles.

16. froggyboy604

Money:
    $35,853
    I think the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro don't yet need USB-C because they are fast enough to run many games in HD and 4K.

USB-C can be useful for less powerful consoles like the original Xbox One fat version wuth a 500GB hard drive which may not be fast enough for running newer games in 1080P or 4K. But, attaching a USB-C video card can increase the video frame rate, and make the video quality settings higher. I seen some slower laptops like the Apple Macbook with slower onboard Intel video chips being used for PC gaming after the owner attach a faster external USB-C videocard .

USB-C is good for attaching a USB-C SSD for storing games because of the faster data transfer speed of USB-C.

USB-C is useful for handheld consoles like the Switch. USB-C can be used for charging/power, video, sound, and external accessories like a USB-C video card.

17. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

Those consoles are set in stone, they would never release with USB-C on them now. Maybe next gen will have it.

18. Grungie

Grungie Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Money:
    $858
    I highly doubt they're going to stop releasing PS4 games when the PS5 comes out, this doesn't include the multi releases, but also exclusive games. Just look at the older PlayStation consoles and think of exclusives that came out after the successor came out.

It only feels like it's really soon because we're older and the passage of time feels much shorter, and how we forget that 10 years ago, they still had dual-gen releases. I hope I'm not the only one who remembers games being released on PS2, Wii and Xbox 360 (there were probably PS3 as well, but I didn't keep up with it as I didn't have a PS3 then). The PS4 came out in 2013, the PS3 came out in 2006. I'm pretty sure the earliest the PS5 will release will be next year, which will be 6 years from the PS4. The PS1 came out in 94, and the PS2 came out in 2000.

Outside of that one year extra difference between the PS3-4 release, it's been about 6 years for PlayStation lifecycles.

19. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

Oh yeah, PS4 will get games roughly 1-2 years after the PS5, but the amount will trickle down to less and less.

20. Grungie

Grungie Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Money:
    $858
    Sony seems to be pretty crazy with the length they support a console after the successor is released. They still release games until the successor to the successor is released.