PlayStation PS4 Slim price & release date announced

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Credits
The so-called PlayStation 4 Slim is official, and it's coming next week. Sony announced at its PlayStation Meeting event today that the budget-conscious model will arrive on September 15 in 'most regions' and it will cost $299 / £259. Sony didn't confirm a new name for the system, but Slim is as good of a nickname as any.
source: http://www.gamesradar.com/ps4-slim-price-and-release-date-announced/

This will become the new standard PS4, has the same tech inside but is more power efficient.

It's fine if you're not a power geek, but really a person be better off getting a PS4 pro since that would run games better.

It's fine if you're not a power geek, but really a person be better off getting a PS4 pro since that would run games better.
A casual gamer is likely to get this model moving forward. The PS4 Pro is for those wanting a better gaming experience and are willing to pay more for it.

I say even for a casual it be better to spend the extra $100 to ensure you get everything. Just in case there is a PS4 pro exclusive game to come out.
There won't be. Every game playable on PlayStation 4 will be playable on all systems. Just will be lesser in terms of graphics and performance.

Pretty sure someone said this about consoles actually upgrading current gen to more of a power house and yet here we are.
True but when a company comes out and says something along those lines it very often turns out to be the truth. It wouldn't make sense for them to be exclusive or separate. You don't see PC games exclusive to one graphics card, which in effect is what this would be.

The PS4 Slim looks like a good PS4 for someone who plans on running their PS4 off a large battery because the PS4 slim uses less electricity.

If you don't plan on getting a 4K TV or don't own a 4K TV, the PS4 Slim should be good enough for casual gamers who play games on a 720-1080P HDTV.

True but when a company comes out and says something along those lines it very often turns out to be the truth. It wouldn't make sense for them to be exclusive or separate. You don't see PC games exclusive to one graphics card, which in effect is what this would be.

Way I see it, which also happens with PC gaming, is that one game might play best on the Pro but barely works on a normal PS4.

The PS4 Slim looks like a good PS4 for someone who plans on running their PS4 off a large battery because the PS4 slim uses less electricity.

If you don't plan on getting a 4K TV or don't own a 4K TV, the PS4 Slim should be good enough for casual gamers who play games on a 720-1080P HDTV.

Indeed, I might still get a regular PS4 (by regular I mean the non-slim one), just depends how much better Pro handles games which I know youtube will be flooded with comparing videos come November.

Back