Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Bad but not shocking news today GL gamers, Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will play PlayStation 2 games via the PlayStation store digital set up in the same way the PS3 plays PS1 games.

They also announced the first 8 PlayStation 2 games and their prices:

• Dark Cloud — $14.99 USD
  • Grand Theft Auto III — $14.99 USD
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City — $14.99 USD
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas — $14.99 USD
  • Rogue Galaxy — $14.99 USD
  • The Mark of Kri — $14.99 USD
  • Twisted Metal: Black — $9.99 USD
  • War of the Monsters — $9.99 USD

You might be thinking the prices are a bit much for such old titles, but you'll be getting a little more bang for you buck with these. Sony revealed that each will have trophy support, as well as up-rendered 1080p visuals. The PS2 games also support PlayStation 4's other key features, like Remote Play, Live Broadcast, Share Play and Activity Feeds.

Will you be getting any of these? I personally recommend Dark Cloud.

Don't know if I will or not. I am interested in Twisted Metal : Black. If I get any of those titles then it will be that game. I'll have to think about it though.

Don't know if I will or not. I am interested in Twisted Metal : Black. If I get any of those titles then it will be that game. I'll have to think about it though.

I played black, I wasn't too thrilled with it. You mostly play the same stages over and over again in the story mode and gets old pretty fast.

I played black, I wasn't too thrilled with it. You mostly play the same stages over and over again in the story mode and gets old pretty fast.

Then this program is out for me then. I am not surprised the discs from PS2 won't play though. Do you think this is just Sony's why of getting more money from people?

I am interested in the GTA games, the visual upgrades and trophies are good enough to entice me personally. However I am a little disappointed in the way they have handled frame pacing in the PAL versions (EU) as it means the games are a little bit jumpy. The price is to be expected personally and I am not shocked about not accepting disks. Hope many more games come to PS4 from the PS2 era.

I am interested in the GTA games, the visual upgrades and trophies are good enough to entice me personally. However I am a little disappointed in the way they have handled frame pacing in the PAL versions (EU) as it means the games are a little bit jumpy. The price is to be expected personally and I am not shocked about not accepting disks. Hope many more games come to PS4 from the PS2 era.

no doubt this will make your to play list that much longer :p

Back