Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Consider this the first and pretty much worst thing the PS4 could do at it's start, Sony has announced no backwards compatibility for PS1, PS2, or PS3 discs and this includes all PSN content you may have bought.

Though with cloud service Sony hopes to stream previous PS disc games but will most likely not help any of you who made all purchases on PSN.

This is why we need to trade in games and stuff, otherwise we just end up throwing them out.

I wonder if this will increase the price of used PS3 and PS3 games because game collectors now need both a PS3 and PS3 games to play them.

At least with games for older Nintendo, Sega, and PS3, it is posibble to use an emulator to play ROMs, and if you own the game, you are less likely to get in trouble since you already own the game.

It would be stupid of them to take out the system entirely. I'd rather buy the multi-platform games on thr PS3 then!

Consider this the first and pretty much worst thing the PS4 could do at it's start, Sony has announced no backwards compatibility for PS1, PS2, or PS3 discs and this includes all PSN content you may have bought.

Though with cloud service Sony hopes to stream previous PS disc games but will most likely not help any of you who made all purchases on PSN.

This is why we need to trade in games and stuff, otherwise we just end up throwing them out.

Why would not supporting disks prevent you from streaming any digital content you've bought? I'll admit, I don't know the PS4 architecture but that makes no sense at all.

It's like, they just need to check if it had been purchased to your account and if so, allow it to be steamed. I can't see an obvious reason for that to not be plausible.

Why would not supporting disks prevent you from streaming any digital content you've bought? I'll admit, I don't know the PS4 architecture but that makes no sense at all.

It's like, they just need to check if it had been purchased to your account and if so, allow it to be steamed. I can't see an obvious reason for that to not be plausible.

they want more of our money.

They aren't going to get any money if they don't sell the PS3 games on the PS4 though. Keeping my PS3 anyway, unless every game is $20 or less.

Then that really doesn't make much sense. lol Did they not know you bought a PS3?

Back